Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What Matters most...spring break

Creation
A book of life.
Today The kids and I took a trip to Gods Library.
In the spur of the moment I saw us at the park, the children given as long as they desired to visit the tree, "their tree".
A short 4 mile drive took us to a wonderful Public park.
I sat in the shade and stilled my sweet soul while they found it a time of ease and leisure to relax into creative play.
"can we stay a little while longer mom?"..." we will stay as long as you desire"...I told them
"REALLY!" exclaimed my two amazed little darlings.
"yes really" said I softly...
declaration! "SWEET!"
GLEE!
pure glee!
I sat there on a massive boulder and watched the life exude from them.
We pause to feed the duck some home made rolls.
Then they were back off to play while this fellow was close at peace with me.
I love the ripples in the water.

During this time here there was a group of 20 kids or so maybe 4-9 years of age from a nearby party. The children came over ripping off flowers and tossing it into the water with other things. My kids were up in the tree and the other children did not know they were there. They were stealth as they observed. I have taught them to observe and see what there is to learn. I observed them as they were becoming more and more appalled at the behaviors of the kids and the general disrespect they were showing nature. Dash comes over to me and tells me
"mom they don't even care about nature or the living things around them...they only care about them selves."
I asked him "how do you feel about that?"
"It is stupid Mom! They should respect the world around them mom."
"yes"... I agreed
It was going to be a teachable day...

When we had been there at least 30 minutes or an hour it was time for adventure.


I love seeing the world through a lens as well as my lens...
The kids were after the goal of mid air shot.

Yes!
Success!

"I want to do it "!

"alright!"
"cool mom"

This was a teachable day.
Yes, I know Steve will be stunned!
I told him that it was just right. I taught the children of the diameter of the tree limbs to the weight of their body to consider these things.
They climbed this tree almost 3/4 way up,
Dove expressed fear to do it, I told her of how fear is either a gift of wisdom or it is a tormentor only she can chose. Dash replied wisdom and halted his ascent. Too cool!
The repeated the climb three times then on the third I set boundary.
Telling them of the shaky fatigue in their arms how it is a sign to pay attention too.
To try to trust a fatigued arm is not wise.
It is a set up to a fall.
We spoke of these things that are signs to attend too.

This is one perfect Book of life!
I showed the children the white water and told them to hold hand in the current and then to pull against it.
Then taught them how it is like this to choose to do right...You will be pulling against the current. Do not let that current take you away form what is right.

They were told of the power of the white water and that it is a great force that can sweep them off their feet not to ever walk through it. This important knowledge for the monsoons will come again in a very few months.

Dash then found a Quarter on a large stone.
He told me of how he regretted the choice he made to spend his golden dollar on a toy...How he had wished for another coin..."and mom look ...now God made a way and I got another coin Mom, that he gave to me."

On our walk around the park there was a tall hill that they ran down and then walked...inched back up.
We then continued on to see children attended by parents who were sliding down a hill on large blocks of ice with a towel on them. The kind father gave my children turns on it. It looked so fun! He said $2. at the fast food store and there you have a hot day play time trick.

I took the children to the concession stand and there Dash spent his quarter and I had $4 to spent on pop cycles each, a matching treat for Dove. Also a ring pop for each. A candy sucker on a ring base. Dove tossed hers up into the air and missed it and shattered on the ground. There was enough left to replace it.
A woman was without .25 cent she needed and there was that left in change so I extended it to her. A simple act of kindness and she and her children were astonished. We speak often to our kids about how just doing the right thing has become so rare that it surprises people. I just told her to pass it on, to pay it forward. It really touched her. Folks kindness is so seldom offered that a simple .25 was a huge thing to her and her children. Perfect for mine too.

We returned to the original tree.

Here is another book of life.
(I did not say THEE book of life)
She sat near me in perfect peace as I taught Dash a wisdom.
Exampled to him peace and the flow of it to her.
Thoughts mattered for she would sense them.

Her beauty is the dappled sun light was astonishing!

A mallard mix I believe.
Teaching the children of fertility via a mating pair of duck...
I save our home a stench, for the kids had hidden eggs to try to hatch.
I did not let on that I knew , but ceased the moment.

Dash had found a gentle wisdom so few children are taught.
He even guarded her from other children.
At one point a (stupid) adult (term used loosely) said "GRAB HER!"
Dash said "No thanks, I am just enjoying her beauty"...
I was so proud of him.

He sat a long while. Then two little boys came to within sitting on my legs and began to feed her. I began to teach them as well of distance and respect. They were good boys. I was a bit startled at how at ease the boys were to even lean on me.

Now Dove wanted her playmate to return to the land of fiction.



When they were almost done I caught a spider web in the afternoon sun.

Returning to the truck Dove had stopped to set out her hand in peace to see if the duck would feel safe to approach.
The Mallards came near, yet as I told her the harlequins and the woo duck were wild on migration. The mallard did come close but she ran out of bread and then stood in exasperation...."they were so close!"

"Yes, I told her but standing frightened them. When you lost your peace it taught them fear"


One last view of the train.
Fiction...stealth so that the train riders do not see him:)One last photo as the sun melted their eyes!
Off we went.

We saw a horse that was starving to death. The children asked "what can we do Mom?"
so I turned around to take address and later called the police to take a visit and perhaps find a way to help the people if they can't afford hay.

We stopped to get the orange Juice on a lead in ad at half price. We entered and Dash said "Oh too bad Mom we could of called Victor and got the chickens scrap" I looked up as I was saying "I don't see him honny I have to call first"
Then right there in front of walks Victor!
We spoke of Jason for I have not been keeping up on my acquisition of scrap for a week or two now.
He said "I should of called you!", This the man who is doing me the favor of saving us scrap...
Then he got bright eyed "Oh wait!" he said! follow me...
He said that he has a new guy that asked him if he should save anything,
There in the produce refrigerator two bags of lettuce scrap for the birds!

The garden watered in the afternoon yielded radish, egg from the hens...oops dropped one.


We all went for a walk after Daddy Man got home.

There is an injustice that is hurting moral at his work.
It is a devisive thing. Indiscriminate and radom.
Please if you think of this Man of mine do pray for him.
Injustice is such an affront to him.

Well day is done and I have to do the linins on the big bed!
Good night.

by the way both kids silently without being asked came to me with their eggs an told of the experiment.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Sounds like a beautiful day.

Amrita said...

enjoed reading about the lovely teaching fun time with the kids.

Your page is much better now.And if i only open one post its faster.

Susie said...

We had a similar day. It was awesome!!

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness