We are home just over a week now. It was a wonderful trip. So many adventures. I still have my young guest here so we are yet busy with school set to start for my teens in a week or so.
I made it through all my adventures and just two hours away from home it all unraveled. We had been on flight for almost seven hours and my health failed. I had to get oxygen in flight. The flight ended with the medivac team coming inboard to remove me. I never inconvenienced so many people at one time. I had to be taken my ambulance to hospital. I spent the night there. We proved out no heart attack and blood clots. Possibly altitude illness and or possibly my pressure bottomed out. NO one knows yet why. I have to follow up with the cardiac doc on the 6th.
I was so mad that my goal was interrupted.
My ivig Saturday went well.
All in all I really did do it. I took a trip that sent me over 5000 miles from home. I was loved and favored all the way. I spent time helping others and seeing a reflection that reminded me who I am. Even getting to see that I really like who I am.
If I do fly again it has to be for shorter distance to work up to long flights. Now I have a mess of a house to work on. Getting kids ready for school and bills to pay.
Life is good and the grass is greener but the weeds still hide among every lawn. :) There are however a few things that I want to implement here.
Thank you Jaye and Lisa for the hugs.
I was hard to tell of how it all ended but I still succeeded in overcoming my fear. I am living with NOT dying of cvid. I do hope that my husband can see me now as powerful.
We took the teens all up to the Grand Canyon last week. I rented a wheel chair for the altitude still did not agree with me. We also took them to the Meteor Crater. Little trips and resting a lot. My energy was still good after almost five week interval.
So after four years of ivig I am so much more able. Still getting faced with limits but I will continue my education of learning to live within them.
Monday, July 28, 2014
Older women likewise teach the younger women...
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (38)
- ► 2011 (178)
- ► 2010 (343)
- ► 2009 (642)
- ► 2008 (611)
- ► 2007 (718)
By Maya Angelou
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.
When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!
Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.
- A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
- The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
- Return with Honor
- The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
- "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
- “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
- "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
- "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
Click here for all crafts
This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."