Ya! A three year project that My Mister has been working with hundreds of other good folk has successfully launched! We had the kids watch. It was so good to show them science in action. My husbands company along with NASA has set new laser that might one day communicate inter planetary. Fascinating stuff well it is on its way to the moon.
Good Job all of you on a successful mission. In a few days time the orbit will come so close to the surface of the moon that it could be like looking up at a plane in the sky.
The cooperation of so many many highly skilled people is an inspiration.
Friday, September 6, 2013
Wednesday, September 4, 2013
This has been a full month for us here. Getting the children set in school and helping a friend during a surgery kept me busy.
My health a challenge as well. Bursitis hit my hip helped by an injection, with the MRI and such my low back showed some need for attention. Injections into some muscles in my mid back have helped with some muscles that were not willing to soften. The low back will be tested with injections into five nerves to see what one the stinosis is effecting. This in hopes to gain more mobility.
With my dear friend giving me power of attorney for a few days the task proved too much responsibility to be accomplished without a fair amount of stress and strain. Then I was exposed to a sinus infection through my son the day before infusion. I have been ill a week now. Monday found me at the ER with a pulmonary issue. Thank God no pneumonia so a stronger steroid and heavy antibiotics has me slowed this week.
I am however finding strength in dressing how I want to feel. I went to a thrift store and found a few nice things. Making jewelry for each outfit is a pleasing addition.
My loving husband sat with me during the ER stay and it could not have gone much better. We arrived to only one person in waiting room. They had been slammed all night, but we had decided to try to go to sleep. I awoke not being able to breath and arrived by five a.m.. It was so awesome we went to a new to us hospital where my friend had had surgery just the week before. We had a team familiar with power ports due to a cancer center next door. Great doctor and wonderful nurses and respiratory tech. I did not have to go in patient. Thanking God we arrived home to the children only being awake an hour or so.
I rested today and did some laundry, beading and an easy supper of baked potato.
The back pain has me up, but my mind is so full of creative ideas. I am at peace.
Posted by Donetta at 1:07 AM
Older women likewise teach the younger women...
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)
- ▼ 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (38)
- ► 2011 (178)
- ► 2010 (343)
- ► 2009 (642)
- ► 2008 (611)
- ► 2007 (718)
By Maya Angelou
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.
When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!
Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.
- A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
- The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
- Return with Honor
- The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
- "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
- “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
- "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
- "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
Click here for all crafts
This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."