Thursday, December 1, 2011
Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Are you smarter than a fifth grader? I am wondering about how smart one must be. Dash is at Mid Terms and is doing great! I have learned or learned again so many things that I had forgotten. It takes a good 5 full hours of my day to see to Dash with his K12 on line public school. We are a pair doing well together after a very rocky start. Now that the road is smother it is a real pleasure. Math is the only subject posing a problem for now. Steve spends a good hour or so EVERY night doing the daily math lesson with him. He has real learning disabilities that are so challenging. It seems to be stress like related amnesia. At least I wonder about that. He forgets every thing he did the day before and every day it has to be retaught. Steve is a saint to do it.
Dove needs help too and she gets a lot less of it unfortunately. We are working hard to get her to speak up and ask. Balance is a real obvious effort each day. Dash may finish the first semester a few days early. With extra time earned he will get between one and four days extra off. We will see how the next two weeks go.
I am well, spent most days with little left to blog. Our design for the studio is wonderful. I love it! It is helping me to reconnect with my own heart. Been sorta wondering and just walking in a fog now for so long. Friday I will see the spine surgeon. The very thought of facing it is so overwhelming. The pain is so unbearable without the nerve and inflammation medications that they are now a must. I hope that it will be a non-surgical fix. I have just really emotionally gone flat line, too much to even think of. I love my new knee, due to my back I am not even able to walk around the block! Ooo that just makes me mad. I'll just keep my heart alive and focus on beauty in all that is around me and within me. I know I am blessed beyond measure. I think once the unknown clears as to my back, life will enter into direction. What ever the future holds knowing will help.
Older women likewise teach the younger women...
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (38)
- ▼ 2011 (178)
- ► 2010 (343)
- ► 2009 (642)
- ► 2008 (611)
- ► 2007 (718)
By Maya Angelou
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.
When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!
Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.
- A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
- The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
- Return with Honor
- The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
- "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
- “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
- "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
- "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
Click here for all crafts
This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."