As some of you may have guessed my camera is no more. My sweet son has repeatedly told me that he wants a new camera. He is saving his allowance he tells me. First to replace mine because he broke it, then to get one for himself so he can finish his Lego still images. He is then to put them into movie form. Unfortunately my camera was 'lost' in his process.
Note the lack of images on the blog.
We are doing great here. My leg is mending remarkably fast according to the surgeon. HE was actually stunned.
Sometime before my knee replacement my wrist was injured one day either when the kids and I were playing of when I slapped a wall in utter frustration. So typing is painful after a while. The meniscus is said to be torn, however it is/was just too much to deal with. Seems my shoulder is fussing as well. My left knee is to be fitted for a support brace this Thursday. My left knee is looking a bit better now that it is no longer carrying my other leg bowed. My new knee is such a gift and a blessing. It is however an inch or so longer than my other leg now so my hip and low back fuss as well. This old bag of bones is fussy but the heart within happy.
The children had each a separate event and invite this weekend. Then the boys went out. Dove and I also went out just the two of us. Dash and I spend our quiet days together. He gets a lot of my time one on one. While Dove and I have many ties to form. Being together with her Sunday was a gift, a treasure. We spoke mostly her wonderful mind and heart shared. I felt so grateful to hear it. Topics of her being her own person not wanting to follow the crowd, having her own style. Then after referring to a friend of hers she shared how a guy has to want you and care enough to protect you or he is just not worth it. GLORY! She wanted a new skirt so we shopped for one that fit her nicely. She made a modest choice. Wisdom struck me to just let her try on the short denim one. From the fitting room she declared "wow that is just way too short". Gotta LOVE IT!
Having lunch together she opened up so much, a fresh breadth of my daughter. After 3 weeks in a nursing home, missing the first three months of Jr High she had become a bit of a stranger to me. Closed off she kept silent most days. She is the child that calls to be fished out of those deep waters.
What a wonderful day 'on the lake' :)
Dash is working on composition this morning. It is so hard for him to understand an editing process. He apologizes for the imperfect first draft. My great effort today is to help his process. Great progress is happening even as I take breaks with him while I type this.
So on with the day as I try to better balence the rest with the activities of my day.May your day be filled with a mild sonshine
Monday, September 19, 2011
Older women likewise teach the younger women...
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (38)
- ▼ 2011 (178)
- ► 2010 (343)
- ► 2009 (642)
- ► 2008 (611)
- ► 2007 (718)
By Maya Angelou
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.
When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!
Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.
- A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
- The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
- Return with Honor
- The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
- "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
- “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
- "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
- "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
Click here for all crafts
This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."