Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know
your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to
do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy (not
forward) this entire email and paste into a new
e-mail that you can send. Change all the answers so
that they apply to you. Then send this to a whole
bunch of people you know, INCLUDING the person that
sent it to you......Tis the Season to be NICE!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I buy paper from whats left from the year before sales. So each Christmas it is a mystery as to what I purchased the year before. This years discovery was a wonderful iridescent kaleidescope print and several shiny golds reds copper and silvers. Some wonderful opaque irredentist milky pearls as well. It is so fun. I also buy some bags or recycle the ones that are still real nice form the year before.
2. Real tree or Artificial? I have asthma as does my son so artificial. Realistic type.
3. When do you put up the tree? The weekend after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? The
weekend after New Year's and it is exciting to get the place back to normal!
5. Do you like eggnog? Like the flavor Yes... , but I am allergic to cow milk and so I do not get to indulge. :(
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Rock candy that was a "lump of coal" it was my mothers humor. I loved the black licorice flavor it always had a little hammer to break it up.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes I will post a picture of it. I read Karen's tradition of the baby Jesus in the straw on Christmas morning cool tradition.
8. Hardest person to buy for? Anyone with expectations as apposed to gratitude.
9. Easiest person to buy for? My children, and the poor.
10. Mail or E-Mail Christmas Cards? Mail! Karen wrote..."I love
Christmas cards and seeing everyone's individual
styles, and even handwriting!"...I agree.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? This does not register I am grateful to recieve. The gifts that are unpleasant are anything given out of obligation.
12.. Favorite Christmas Movie? The little Drummer Boy.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
All year long. I watch and listen and hope to remember and when I see something with someone's face in mind if it is a real good buy I try to get it.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
I have given it away or to one who might like it but not as a wrapped gift.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Navel Oranges (We had a tree for 16 year I tendered and had them the size of grapefruits with thin skin. I would climb the tree and worship and eat with the birds in the branches) Candy and gravy. Oh how I miss climbing the orange tree every year. I would harvest it and take a red flyer wagon around the neighborhood with the bagged oranges as gifts to my neighbors. I miss those times.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? clear tiny lights but most favorite is our old set of oil warmed by the light into a mock candles the bubble.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Drummer boy. O holy night, Silent night.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? HOME, there is no place like it!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? No I don't think so.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? This year a Star (symboled to me of the guiding light). The angle is on the side table plugged in.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? My family has one on the Eve and then the morn from us and the late morn form the Grandparents and Uncle.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
23. Favorite ornament theme or Color? Our collection of yearly collected ones some are hand made but all have the theme of the year past attached for each player or member of our family.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I think that it once was ham but I am sorta steering away from pork this year so...a Standing Rib roast will don my table.! I will use a new recipe of orange juice, anise, red pearl onion, dried apricot and figs with fresh pears roasted at the last few minutes. It sounds heavenly to me. I will then steam baby carrots and make some simple desert.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Grateful hearts that don't fuss or fume (including my own :).
The only things I think of are eventual needs but the things still have life in them ,a Rowena Iron for sewing (my iron is a bit wherry but it still works ), or if I were just plain wild there is a really cool quilters free x/y attachment table that would fit on the embroidery machine big $$$400. too extravagant!
Copy at will and enjoy the fun.
Thank you Karen for the e mailed invitation.
Friday, December 7, 2007
I awoke to the dream of my nieces water breaking. I cant hardly wait to call her when I get back to the house later today. I have the P.T. follow-up for my knee after I drop off the kids. I have been praying for her all morning.
I have been thinking of all of you who might not be all gun ho over Christmas. Who may actually feel the pains of loneliness and hurts of all those empty Christmas pasts. When all of the hopes and expectations that were dashed. Those of you who may be hurting. Suffering in quiet desperation. I want to comfort you and hold your hearts tenderly. I wish I could offer to you a comfort an ease for the discomforts that may overtake you.
Where it seams that God forsook you and left you adrift and abandoned. Please know this... That religion does not tell us but the truth is that we are in a battle and a force is against us. We can often help it along by our choices in error but often we are set up by it. Please understand and know that it is not God who is against you. You are loved. You are longed for. He does desire you. This world chews us up and spits us out and that enemy of our hearts would to destroy the very hope that is ours and leave us as wreckage adrift and estranged.
The door is a heart beat away.
The father of lies has stolen, hurt targeted the very tenderest of places within your heart. Then he turns around and blames God. If you have errors just own it, apologize where needed and let go and move on into the choice there before you.
Thursday, December 6, 2007
Thank you Lisa B. for setting it up and for getting us all in one place. Trisha and Michelle and Lisa your loving friendship and support are a treasure far to grand to measure. Thank you for the beautiful sunflower gift Michelle. I look forward to the time I get to use it. Maybe Saturday Night? I had talked to Jaye who had offered the possibility of child care. I am not sure if your available if so I'll take you up on it.
2. I get to go on a DATE with my husband! CROWDS CHEERING! A loving gift and offer of childcare sets us on a path for a night out (or afternoon?). We get to go to the movies!!!!!!!!!
3. The Kids had a great check up growth is perfect and Beauty got a prescription for an anti biotic a sinus infection suspected. Boy they were a hand full. Beauty accidently kicked me in the face in my glasses. She really clocked me! The doc thinks we may need to put her back on meds or at least he wants her into a pediatric psychiatrist. He thinks maybe she is either hyper,or manic or something but not right. Can I cry now?
The waiting room has a well child side and a sick child side each as a small video game and a television with a movie playing. American luxury.
5. I got home at 1:15, I awoke at 4:44 I am tired.
6. I had the follow up with the immunologist. He had some good news and some news to work on. I have a very bad grass allergy he is concerned about. It will hit me harder in the spring but he believes I may be a good candidate for immune therapy. Allergy shots. it would be 1xwk for 5-6 months... Big commenting. I have to check Insurance first. It would then be 1x month for 3-5 yrs. After that I would, he believes be less hindered by asthma, it may even protect me in my later years. I had a breathing test performed. I got to be the big bad wolf (it was on a computer). I do have asthma so we have to keep a watch. He wants me to have a special air filter on our furnace. The grass allergy is bad. Grass is every where at all times and some times so severe that I can be in danger if I do not treat the asthma at those times. My asthma is in good control today. He wants me to use the albuteral inhailer before I exercise (bike the kids to school) but he agrees with me that I do not need the Advair (controller) on a daily basis. It may be a different story in the spring. He could not do skin testing because of the angioderma. My thyroid is fine and the other concerns settled. I have to stay on the daily antihistamines to prevent the swelling of my face and such. Not to even miss one says he.
7. I have a sewing lesson to give tonight. Hay Trisha do you want to join us (you said you might like too)? Girls let me know maybe I can make Thursdays a regular thing and do sewing lessons. Sherry is just doing barter she offered to do so, and I am easy no barter necessary if you just want to learn. We are starting at 4:30 or so and if you cant come until latter just let me know.
8. I love my husband. He started an advanced "Wild at heart" bible study last night and is studying the effects on a man regarding Fathering. He is looking at the role of being a Father. How crucial it is for men to Father their sons. Good stuff. Boy Dash is sure blessed to get to have a FATHER.
9. The house is quiet for a few more moments while I finish this before I go to get the kids. I love them Beauty is sure hard right now and I really do not want to have to give her drugs. The doc said to try melitonon for bed.
10. My whole chicken is in the refrigerator it needs to go into the oven. (stretch and fatigue) :)
11. I got my new bead magazine. sounds interesting.
12. I now have even more paper work to do and to call on the insurance for allergy shots. I have to use a nose spray until I can get better from the grass as to allow poor beloved some rest from my snoring. The allergy to grass is making his sleep hard. Oh and I need to wash the dogs often you know so I can breath.....
13. My hour long rest is over. I need to go fetch the children and roll onto the afternoon tasks.I have a few pics to add but no time right now.
at 4:44 a.m. I awoke for the second time alert x4. I felt His presence. I am so thankful to know my fathers voice and feel His presence.
I have to leave here at dawn with the children. I am so thankful to have on of the best pediatric groups that help our kids. They both have physicals today. I set the first apointment months ago so as to get them back to school post hast as not to have to great af vocational loss. Gratefully I have a car in the garage, Hubby left with lunch and I made the kids lunches and a breakfast sandwich for each one to eat in the car. I got the back packs packed.
I am so very impressed at such a great love as to wake me fully alert to task. I had felt a little bothered about the loss of $ to eating out and such but with fond gratitude I was awaken to task to keep on the goals of our heart.
My husbands heart Matters to God. His heart is to travel Back East in the summer of next year. We have not traveled like that in over 10 years and he is a soul with a wonder lust to explore and I love to join in adventures. I am thankful that when I came into the kitchen... I looked at the clock only to realize at the very moment I was awaken we had had a power out.
When I went into the rest room however the lights were working.
Strange thing 4:44 I have a funny little saying. 4:44 who could ask for more. For many years often remarkable things have occurred at this instant. The time on the stove was 4:44.
It compels me toward great appreciation to think how my loving Father speaks to me through the potholes of time and with all the little bound that we have. He shows Himself present to me.
I see the immunologist at 11a.m. So It will be a 22 mile one way trip to the kids appointments then back 25 miles or so to the kids school then turn back around for a 18-20 one way drive to my appointment and then 20 miles home. I will be driving most of the morning. My sweet white vale (sp) my Honda is full of fuel and well maintained. How thankful I am to have a husband who tends so lovingly to my car.
Beloved got his stitches out yesterday the biopsy should be back from the lab soon. I trust it is cancer free. Sweet man asked if I would remove them. He got himself up to his doctor and they said it is healing well. He is very fair and he had a worrisome skin mark on his neck. He had a positive several years back so I insisted and set up the test.
Well I best finish this warm tea and set to waking the wonderfully precious children that I have been gifted with.
Know your blessed...and be so very thankful.
There will always be those who have less and those who have more. See what it is you have and keep your eyes to the sky. You never can tell what awaits you. :)
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Using netting that I get for around 89 cents a yard more often 59 cents a yard...In this case free... (Yes I had told God I needed some soon and Yes, My sister when she moved had a brand new bolt of ?15 yards gave me this stash.
So here is the process....
Good tools Girls and Gents!Invest in good tools.
I use up old bobbins with partial threads or spools of thread with little left on them. It uses up the old so I have room in for the new. I also get threads that are on clearance bins and such for very little if it is a strange color. I don't care what color the thread is for these disposable things. Now if I give them as gifts of course I match the thread.
I sew them up one after another without even clipping them apart until I am finished the clipping goes much faster that way .
Use a zig zag with a back tack.
Individual Education Plan for Dash was at 8a.m. this morning. What a rushed morning with the children. Dash was ticked off about the new molds we have on his hearing aids they fit tight. The old ones had gotten very loose. So he started out not so happy.
I got Hubby off with lunch in hand ofter waking up so tired...Beloved and I indulged in 2 eppisodes of "the Office" in his office. That show is so funny! We watched it on the computer commercial free. It is so hard to stop. We got to bed around 11pm a bit late for the 6 a.m. "make lunched, feed the crazy dogs, and do breakfast routine. I was really dragging. When I hit my poor foot on the missed place foot stool I woke up God when I called out hiw name in pained frustration. I know...I apologized to Him.
The meeting was to take place at 8a.m. and that is normally when we leave the house for the drive to school. At the last moment I had beauty with a massive rats nest knot in the back of her head of beautiful blond hair that would just not do. So with every patient effort and a lot of disentangler I worked it out to the screeched tunes of a very upset uncooperative kid! Sensory integration the scourge of the morning hair comb out. Good Lord help me! That child was not well...easy oh no! not easy...
So running late for a meeting and accomplishing a very careful gentle knot removal we proceeded. I worn out emotionally by this point just felt like pulling my own hair! Thinking de-tangle that!
Got to the school well folks do you want the long or the short of it? OY!
When we did the MET meeting to confirm eligibility I was sent home a note about Beauty that showed a vast discrepancy between the graph that I had based my decision on agree (I had no real choice it was being denied) to forgo intervention and her real scale of disability. Entered the meeting this morning a bit (mildly stated ) miffed and defensive feeling betrayed. Now having after the morning I just had and was still untangling faced a round table of professionals. So true to my form I laid me out on the table and told them so. I was defensive and told them flat out I am not signing anything without full knowledge and understanding.
They covered Dash's needs and services they were going to provide. Then having to face the ushers syndrome issues at 8 a.m. sent me to meet up with the tears behind the veil of my eyes. We spoke about the possible loss of CRS (the clinic) funding and I explained that I had to come up with 9000 in medical deductions to of set the income due to hubby working overtime. I asked about Dash being able to get hearing screening both neuro and auditory testing more than once a year. Our Insurance covers the kids only once a year. Dash is supposed to have hearing test 4 times a year. The woman from the audiology came through for me an d added to his IEP the issue we had covered and it had been neglected in the IEP about having Dash checked on once a month to see if his teacher needed anything. Then new player was introduced. She would be taking over that role. I liked her a lot. (After the meeting her and I went over to Dash class so he could meet her).
Dash's speech therapist thinks that he will not be in speech long. The help for him with his off the charts IQ will have to come to his class room. The teacher will have to give him extra tasks. This high IQ is a double edged sword. He told his teacher that her scratchy voice was bothering him yesterday and asked not to wear the amplifiers (we did not have his hearing aids on!) He had left the house on the bikes and I could not ride the bike again to him. Hubby had the car. He is also using them turned off and letting the battery run out on purpose. (so I stopped by the nurse...every Monday she will call him in to get new batteries, show him who is smart!)
So after the meeting...walking to Dash's class for the intro and getting Beauty's backpack out of the car, I had to go back and talk this thing over about the discrepancy in the forms sent to me.
The phycoligist talked me into leaving my copy of the form...( I told her...I WANT THIS BACK)
She was very upset when I returned and began to spill the beens as it were...
She told me that she was not in agreement about Beauty not getting the help. That she was so bothered about the scores that after the MET meeting a few weeks back she went to her authority... She told me the chart I got that showed Beauty so very needy of services was processed on another scale that she was told she could not use. The form was supposed to have been destroyed ( think how God kept this truth for me to see). Well the discrepancy was so profound that she told me she even made comment to her LD teacher that I was very sharp to have caught at that MET meeting those points were just too close for comfort. I was assured that in March it was going to be reviewed. This is all because Beauties teacher is of the "name it and claim it" phylosify. I told her about what the teacher had told me about Beauty having problems because I WAS NOT BEING POSITIVE ENOUGH" are your jaws dropping?!
Those of you who know me....ME NOT POSITIVE ENOUGH! YES SHE SAID THAT TOO ME!!!!!
Well then this lady said to me that if Beauty had been in school all this time she would of already have placed her in LD and that she wants her in it now. BUT they need a year in system to prove it!!!!! Well now we waiste three more months to prove what we all know!!!!!!!!!!
Folks my sword it hot! and my arm is so tired that I cam home. I took a shower because as I was standing there the STUPID automatic air freshener sprayed me in my hair YUK!!!
I took a hot shower and fell asleep for two hours! I have done nothing for two hours but sit here in a jacket and just rest. That was a ride.
God made sure I saw the very document that was supposed to be distroyed. I even have a copy of it!:)
I'll rest my arm and sharpen my blade and swing it another day. For now I need to go get the kids.
Love you all. Thanks for enduring such a long post.
191 week one191 week two (at 189 on Friday) First Synvisk Injestion
193 week three Second injection
190 week four (189 peeked at me) Third Injection
192 week five
188 week six
189 week seven
192 week eight (most of it lining my colon)
189 week nine
188 week ten
,a day for me. It is going well however my knee is a little fussy. I drove this morning. I have loosened up a little . It has been a rather stressful week again. I think that the stress plays a big part in my response.
O.K. some goals.
1. Drink more water and tea Now I love having a cup of tea at my side all the time.
2. Do my knee exercises and core strengthening. So so on this a bit hit and miss
3. Walk or ride bike every day. Doing real well hear.
4. Stay away from avoids (wheat,dairy, corn and candy) Doing better here,yet when I get those avoids I don't like how I feel that is an improvement to really care about how i feel.
5. rest better set myself up for a good nights sleep. Except last night this is much better. I do however love staying up with beloved and watching old episodes of "The Office" with him on his computer. That show is so funny the writers are just amazing.
6. Pray for all of you and myself that we all resist the temptations that would so easily take us off course. The importance of this is really becoming so paramount. I see how essential this part is.
I am not doing the intake thing well enough, I must spend more effort on my meal plan. No plan lately just grab the best thing I can find at the moment. That is not working either.
Good Morning. I received your note on the NaNo site, Rushed this morning sorry, I have a morning IEP for my son.
I have a hard time remembering the sign in for my account .
In answer to your questions.
Yes I make time to do crafts. They are a part of who I am and what I do for family and friends.
I am not sure of what you are referring to as "stash", for an award. I have so many different projects this month I just finished the two part series on pants for kids. Feel free to use that if it is for such a purpose. An award... first thing in the morning to look forward too..Wow what a way to start my busy day.
Blessing s to you Paula, and may your day be vibrant and full.
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Turn under the waist band and stitch around leaving and opening for the elastic.
Now stitch again 1/4 inch from edge to give them body.
The elastic is pre-cut and just laying there. I measured the elastic once on her then just cut the seven sections. Assembly style sewing is like that do a job once and then you go to town and just do the work over and over again.
When you come to a stop. use a pin to push down your knot that you pull through.
knotting is very nice and creates a polished garment. Back tacking is acceptable but...if your doing all this loving kindness do a job you can feel good about.
Inserting the elastic is easy. just anchor the elastic with a very large safety pin and then use another pin to pull the elastic through. Stitch the elastic, then the casing closed and thats that!
I use a scrap of ribbon at center back so as to mark the front from the back. It also softens the bump of the seam allowances. My kids are VERY tactilely sensitive. They both have sensory integration dysfunction and suffer anything that touches them the slightest bit wrong.
The red ones (her favorite, have a pulled hem where you just serge and pull the knit out snug it give a great frill. I may frill the last two pair. I have cookies to make.
I rode the bike to get the kids.
Rest time is over. :)
I get to go play with three of the greatest women in only 2 1/2 hours!
I am tired.
Good Day to all of you!
After I got home from riding bikes to the school with the children I had cold hands.
As I was "drawn" to dishes and the thought of warm (hot) water in the sink...
I realized I was out of these...
I make these and have for well over twenty years. I think we were newly married when I made our first batch.
Using netting that I get for around 89 cents a yard more often 59 cents a yard...In this case free... (Yes I had told God I needed some soon and Yes, My sister when she moved had a brand new bolt of ?15 yards gave me this stash.
So here is the process....
Good tools Girls and Gents!Invest in good tools.
This was completed (in 20 minutes) while I visited on the phone with my Sister, Thanking her for the gift.
She is "Iced in" back East with a dog bite (to her poor nose) . Her own pup interrupted in its sleep bit her. Pray for her will ya...
Every year at each holiday end I invest in clearance things for the next year.
This year as I empty the holiday cupboard's I find the treasures from the year past. It is so much an adventure for I seldom remember what I got. It is sorta fun. I get the things pennies or dimes on the dollar.
I invested in a lot of "give away" bags and containers, plates and big bags that cover the plates too. I got the cute little tree boxes at the lot store last week for $1. each and the little tubs at 4 for $1. These will make a way for a bounty of gift giving on a budget. Even using paper plates covered in foil can be beautiful Or paper bags as gift wrap when stamped and ties country style with twine.
Little snack bags are fun to have the children gift their friends with. Use baggies too with ribbon . Not just the zip kind, with a bow even the fold over type,they tie nicer.
Dash wants to make some rock candy.
These are some of my baking books . The ones for kids are needing to be pursued.
Now the family has not had these for several years . I have just been too consumed.
Grandma Lola's Santa's
I carried on this tradition years ago. I make one per guest and then they would be hung on the tree. Well with Willy in the mix I would have a tree fell in the night so we will keep them safe in refrigeration.
This will be the batch for the kids today ...Like a quadruple batch :)
I still have several more pants to finish. I have two of the seven done and it is 12:30 now.
With the kids to bike too I will not have much more of a lunch break so see you on the other side.
I still want to get these started and do a Christmas yearly letter written and printed. Oy! I am not going to get to overwhelmed though in the doing of it.
Got to go get back to task.
My boss should give me a great big raise or a bonus...
Oh ya! I get to go out with the girls tonight( giddy and to the tune of a happy child at heart)
Click here to get the banner code and start tackling.
Monday, December 3, 2007
This Wonderful tool that was so challenging to operate via the written manual, was a dream after I watched the well done educational video! Wow!
I spoke with my MILove and she came over today to teach me some well needed knowledge to time saving skills and techniques (This woman sees a garment sketches it makes the pattern and has it from her own had by the next day at the latest, One of those very highly skilled seamstresses). Wow, did it help! Thank You.
December 1 st.
I cut out seven pair with the wonderful industrial rotary cutter that my Sister passed on to me (she is a professional seamstress). This is the cutter that grows hair on your chest and makes fabric turn into butter under the blade.
Now listen up...Do not do what I did in the next picture there is no need.(I learn this after the fact) the way to do it is to leave the front pairs together, as well as the back pairs and just sew the crotch from there (IF IT IS KNIT). Then sew up one side...
December 2 nd
All these pins had to be removed and the process reversed back to the cut out lament...Just leave those pairs together after cut out. It is so much easier.
Sew the crotch of the matching sides!
lay face to face. (call this image above, blue) Do the flat seam to reinforce the crotch now.
See how nice and flat this is
This is that same process after all the inseam and outer seams are finished. It is a lot fussier
This is how I'll need to do it for a few pair. Thats alright though because each one needs a different thread color. Just a little more time consuming no biggie. MILove is just teaching me efficiency to help me manage my time better.
I have tried them on her and had to take them in (ONLY at the outer side seams!). Then over lock the waist band edge and the hem edges.
One a red pair I stretched the hem as I over locked it and created a frilled look.
All of them have waist bads needed yet. Elastic placement (I got all seven measured elastics cut now and one placed). I Will continue the lesson on the marrow.
All pair are about at this stage.
I am with a quiet house and do not want to disturb the kids, they have just gone to bed.
You know I have many other tasks at hand as well so I think these will be completed tomorrow except the ornamental details that I will get with Beauty on.
Seven pair of paints for the winter. I think all of the fabric was given to me and the thread was here and I did get some needles the other day. Invest in the tools of life and good ones if you can. Don't bother if used or new. Just make them available to task. Ask God for what you have need of...
Seven pair of pants (that fit her that she choose the fabric for) for $3 worth of thread and needle.
The investment was in the machinery.
It has well paid for itself many years over.
Funny story the pattern...Well one day I was in the fabric store and I was thumbing through the patterns drooling and I said "God these are so amazing I wish I could just have one of every pattern that would be so cool..." Patterns are expensive now $10-$15 for good ones...
Well there was this family in crisis... They had to move out NOW fast, so I was helping this young mom to get boxes. We were looking in dumpsters. We looked in a dumpster behind a fabric store...OVER 300 new patterns. They disposed of them incorrectly by only tiering the envelopes a bit. they just needed a little taping. We have them and some went to a Sewing guild project where ladies make clothes for a boys and girls club. Some went to help a family earn more from there yard sale. But one of each of them came home to me...
The pattern for Beauties pants...FREE
Ask and it will be given to you.
and running over!
Doing the chef's work ahead of time will save your energies. Some things do not do well pre-cut but other do!
The basmati rice is left over. I made two nights back with the turkey/vegitable broth I rendered. I use it in place of the water great flavor. Diced red/yellow and orange peppers cadent' added color and a crunchy texture to the rice. I'll bake the turkey breast in the convection Microwave.( great utility saver) Use sage it is a great spice with turkey.
I will steam a spaghetti squash as a vegetable With some left over tomato sauce; to go along side a London broil, adding garlic and onion salts or powders as I broil it. Sliced at the diagonal to the grain and very thin this is a great meat for kids. I'll sauté' a bok choy diced with a little onion that will be caramelized in olive oil. Perhaps toss in some of the fine diced peppers.
Baked chicken whole( Lean ,salt cavity and add an onion studded with clove very savory) will occur with the oven being multi purposed with Butternut Squash( sliced in half ,face down with a little allspice and brown sugar. Steamed French green beens.
This is an easy one for the oven . Prep... for individual foil 10x10 squares or just make a large one... then have a base of diced potatoes ,cabbage red and green corn peas and carrots, top with pats of butter and salt spices of desired. Then add burger patties. Bake 350 for an hour.
Mom and daughter night out.
Boys will have hot dogs.
Sunday, December 2, 2007
Want this button?
Do you love your wife?
For her and for your children are you laying down your life?
What about the others?
Are you living as a servant to your sisters and your brothers?
Do you make the poor man beg you for a bone?
Do the widow and the orphan cry alone.
When you did it not to the lease of these...
You did it not to me.
What makes a marriage Christian?
One man one woman who join in one common goal.
To have good overcome evil in the lives of
"two become one".
By becoming one out of mutual agreement to sacrifice and compromise for the best of the whole.
One Leader taking responsibility for the role.
Not usurping authority but walking in it respectfully and rightly with God being the lead.
One who supports the head or leader in such a way as to stand for what is right.
A trust within the heart of a man that will know that she would never do him harm or evil all the days of her life.
That may, look like a humble loving confrontation, when one is needed or due.
A triadic relationship with the Living God.
Relationship, clean hands and a pure heart.
Never holding onto un-forgiveness.
Giving NO room for bitterness, envy and strife.
Apology freely flowing without having to be right and rub another's nose in the error.
Gains in maturity that stand the test of the trials that gain us that maturity.
A mutual foundation based in biblical principles and sound doctrine.
Not a legalism, religion, subjection or condemnation, no!
It is the freedom of Christ plus nothing except to Love the other as Christ has loved you. Selflessly.
With a great depth of understanding.
Being FOR each others whole heart.
For the restoration that the sacrifices of Christ had intended... That we might have life and life more abundantly.
That is life... not just stuff or pleasure of fun toys, of expensive holidays.
Eyes Wide open, off the matrix...
Life more abundantly.
To live and love and be all of who He had intended us as individuals to be.
Coming together in union, in unity to do everything toward that end.
I may try my hand at riding the children to school on our bikes this week.
It will be a good way to exercise and also conserve some gas money.
I think it could be really fun.
I just need to get Beauty to listen and follow instructions.
Sweet baby just hugged and kissed me so hard, that it hurt my neck...
Oh my. Hurts to be loved so hard :)
They are doing story time now.
We worked on the house decorations a little, I needed a little help with putting a garland behind the nativity.
I am not yet done with it yet. When I get it the way I want it I'll take a picture.
He then asked me if I would like a picture for the blog...How Sweet.
He took the tri-pod outside and shot this for me.
Meanwhile I heated up tamales for all (not part of my meal plan).
We did our "Walton's" movie night.
The episode was "The Bereavement" about a very young newly widowed cousin coming to rest at the home of her aunt (Mrs Walton).
It was very well done. Showing the grieving process with its ups and downs and all of the pains and joys as well.
Beauty and I headed off for her to shower and we had a good time talking and just mom and daughter time. She is a good girl.
Oh my another week ahead. I will do an inventory and listing of all the medical expenses and try to get back over to the city if I can to settle the financial review and reassessment at the clinic.
Please pray for me.
With so many tasks at hand, I had not intended to have to do essentially the tax preparation.
It will be nice to have them done at the first of the year though.
Wow I had not planned on that one.
I must keep up on my knee exercises too! Do you ever just feel like there are so many many things your mind and hand needs to tend too? Inch by inch, row by row... Someone bless these seeds I sow...
Please share with me things your youth gave you that brings experiences of joyful memories. I have so few. I really want to see and experience more of a joyful expectant Christmas. I need fresh ideas so I can give my children wonderful memories for their life time.
My sweet MILove got a new surger some time back (well deserved I might add) . I was privileged to be able to purchase this one, from her, for what amounted to a gratuity (that was very generous of you.) This surger is a challenge in mental and visual gymnastics, but with 7 pair of Beauties knit pants to sew up this is well worth the exercise in focus and in the trial of patience acquisition :)
Older women likewise teach the younger women...
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (38)
- ► 2011 (178)
- ► 2010 (343)
- ► 2009 (642)
- ► 2008 (611)
12/02 - 12/09
- Karens's Getting to know your friends
- Good Friday Morning to all of you.
- Thursday Thirteen
- Thankful Thursday
- Works for Me Wedensday* Making Dish and Pot Scrubb...
- Wordless Wedensday *junk mail*
- Individual Education Plan Meeting for Dash
- Tails from the scales Weel #10 -1
- Paula from NaProBloMo
- Serger lesson on Making pants assembly line style ...
- Tackle It Tuesday *home made scrubbers*
- Serger lesson on Making pants assembly line style
- Menu Plan Monday
- Marriage Monday *What Makes a marriage Christian?
- Deck the halls...
- Sunday Smiles
- ▼ 12/02 - 12/09 (16)
By Maya Angelou
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.
When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!
Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.
- A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
- The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
- Return with Honor
- The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
- "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
- “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
- "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
- "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
Click here for all crafts
This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."