over here at Homesteaders Heart
Friday, September 10, 2010
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Fall is kissing the skin this morning
Giving off hopes of outdoor activities
Time to emerge out of this air conditioned cocoon
Gets my creativity flowing
Ohio farm girl, she is getting my heart into thinking life, seasons beauty
I hear a song bird behind me where I sit a window is open, the sounds of life sneaking in. As the school bus is heard through the security screen as the front door stands open.
Life after the long summer here in the desert awakes the human heart into day as spring does to the winter worlds of snow. It is time to think of seeds and seeds sown. Memories of lush rows begging to be reborn.
Suppose this is a day of open windows.
There is a sparrow on the feeder outside my window begging a meal. Makes me long for a bag of seed to feed him. So much promise to life on a cool autumn morn. Best get after it before it is gone and the scorching hours come upon us.
A kiss of cool upon my skin refreshed in the simplicity of life.
Prayer request if I could so impose...
- My golden retriever Rena is getting set on going home. She has masses all over and is now 12 years of days. I find my sleepless nights holding a bit of a vigil over her. Now I don't say anything to the kids. Seems Dash does know and understands. He asked me how long it will be. Answers come hard to give a child.
- The last infusion came by way of a different nurse that so wounded my arms that it is yet they hurt some 7 days later. Got me to sorta dreading the next one. Though my strength is returning.
- Seems Dove resents that I have need of the infusions. She is mad if she thinks that I have to go through them. So afterward she expects them to fix everything. Oh the sweet mind of a child.
- I don't blame her a bit. I would be mad if my mom had to go through it too. So remember her heart in the matter if ya would.
- thanks...meant in so many ways.
- my mind is a mucky muddy mess and needs a good washing via the word. Just to remember who I am and who I am loved by.
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
A new ironing board cover added at $9. so far the only added expense.
Older women likewise teach the younger women...
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (38)
- ► 2011 (178)
- ▼ 09/05 - 09/12 (5)
- ► 2009 (642)
- ► 2008 (611)
- ► 2007 (718)
By Maya Angelou
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.
When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!
Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.
- A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
- The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
- Return with Honor
- The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
- "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
- “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
- "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
- "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
Click here for all crafts
This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."