I liked the color muted by the shading in the threads.
All seams are set with a seam binding to give it good body, and to prevent the knit from stretching.
By the fifth I had created this.
Fully professionally lined with a woven plaid and a satin solid blue sleeve lining.
Almost all this fabric had been given to me over time.
I had purchased a vest of the red felted wool and never used it.
The brown fur was scrap from a teddy bear I had made for her before.
The little bear toggles were a clearance rack purchased many years ago,
maybe 50 cents.
I simply(well perhaps not so simply) used a cardigan pattern,
and designed what I saw in my mind.
She saw me sewing on it tonight, and so I decided that she be better warm.
I was thinking of giving it to her for Christmas, but she needs a warm coat now.
I gave it to her tonight.
She loved it!
I have a little more to do on it.
I had an idea of the brown fur on the lower felted wool.
I had just enough by 4 inches :)
There was only about 4 inches of the beading left as well.
That was the most I had invested in the supplies.
The pattern I got at a garage sale .25 cents.
beads 5.oo on a sale (I got them over a year ago )
fabric mostly free
lining .50 at Wal-Mart clearance
seam binding .20 cents at the same garage sale.
.50 cent for the bears.
and another 1.00 of thread.
broke one needle got those wholesale say .20cents
just over $8.00 for a coat that is a one of a kind!
The happy kid...Priceless~