Sunday, March 15, 2009

Weekend wrap up

Good evening on this Sunday night when all slows a bit.
The children sleep and a quiet hour awaits me.
Can you say...awwwww
That was tell just now the child who was welcomed for a play date will be spending the whole day here tomorrow.
She just called to remind me she will be coming to my house in the morning and to say good night.
Now a play date tuned into an all day event where Dove is really trying to get me to let her stay the night tomorrow night. I am still considering it. It leaves a lot of political issues for my Dove will in no way be sleeping over at the child's house no not ever....

Dove attended her birthday yesterday.
This is the kid who was here during October last and I have a broken trust with the adults in her life...
A play date was one thing...now I feel hood winked into a free child care from 7-5:30 p.m.
Not how I intended to play my day out.
I will let it go this one time.
I do not want to do that all week. I have no doubt that this is going to be where it heads too.
Need wisdom and boundaries on that.
I was the only Mother out of 7 to stay!
One mother saw me and said that she was so happy to see me.."I knew if you would be there you would stay and i could feel alright to leave" said she...
"Oh I said sounds like I am getting a reputation" I smiled back at her...
Another Mom said she had to leave to go to work (single with 5 kids) really nice lady. I told her I would help keep an eye on her girl too.
It was at mid party that we were all called into the party room. A half an hour later the little kid comes in crying , she was forgotten by the host mother an I overlooked her as well. The child who was teamed up with her had said nothing to us either I felt just terrible !
The host mom felt bad too.
The childs mother was alright about it. I was a bit surprised. The kids could not exit the place without a matched wrist banded adult.
Yet she was so upset and I think a bit scared too.
I calmed the girl got her pizza and cake. It was said, that the kid should of gone to get help before or came when called...but she was just a kid.
I think folks expect adult responsibilities from kids when they do not have the developmental ability to give it.

It amazed me
this is high $$$$$$ stuff. $350 plus!
For a small party.
The kids had a blast though!

all of the kids were known to me, and they all know me well for I serve in the class helping several of them with vocational issues and by doing Art Masters.
The birthday girl had a $$$$$$$$ french manicure, Dove was impressed by it.
So on the way home I stopped at a drug store and had a little mom and daughter time.
I saw myself taking time for this over the week end at some point.
Dove asked nicely for a set of glue on nails, she wanted to do our nails together.
This was a priceless chance to tie cords.
We each got a $5 set of nails and between the two sets had enough small ones to do hers and mine.

It was so sweet this morning to be with my daughter to do her nails.
These are just a simple glue and press but to her it is an extravagant privilege.
She is so happy and proud of it, we have nice matching hands.
Good thing for me to do too, as I am breaking a run of nail biting over the stress of late.
It was so fun.

47 year old hands
Mother
daughter
11 year old hands

She choose a tube of fragrant lotion and some head bands for her hair.
I had returned the set I chose for myself thinking not to spend on them. At the register the girl said "buy one set get one free, would you like to go get a free item such price or under for free.
I went back and grabbed the ones for myself I had put back.
It felt like a nice hug from my Poppa.

After a fast run to the grocery store to make use of coupons before they expired.
I came home with 44% off on my small haul of goods.

Then it was off to the Grand parents.
MILove had set up to make some cookies with the kids.
They had a nice time with her.

They were cute little ready made rabbits.

We had a wonderful supper she had prepared for us.
She made Cole slaw. I think Dash had never eaten before. :)
They were so excited about getting a cookie.

MILove had made a few more of these beautiful wash clothes.
I sat and sewed two of them together and then hand cocheade a loop on it.
A pot holder!
She uses a small needle and I love the tightly bond work. It is thick and stout.
She had found two that an elder who has long ago passed on , made for her years and years ago.
She passed them down to me.
Dear Emily she had gone blind toward the end of days, but oh what a kind sweet Elder she was.
Full of the Word and love. She was a part of our early marriage.

So home we came via the grocery for I got some coupons from the folks for another $4.65 Orange Juice for $1.97 so I stopped in to grab it for the add ceased tonight.

I hope you all had a nice week end

There is a buzz going around over a blogging retreat in Florida for those of our circle.
My Beloved even said to me that he would love to see if there could be a way to make that happen.



Please consider to continue to pray for my Sister in the loss of her Son.
Also for my niece (her daughter) and her (grand) child to be born to her any day now.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Sweetie, I pray that you get to come to the retreat.

Susie said...

I love doing our nails with my girls! It's one of those very special girlie moments:-)

Amrita said...

I really like your personal blog Gonetta. You such time and effort to upload the photos and describe your daily activities. its like visiting your lovely home everyday.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness