With a house full of 5 little girls and a boy too it is a jabber of voice and talk of shared knowledge
Friday, July 23, 2010
Coming home from taking Dove to the dermatologist yesterday she pipes up..."donuts" as she waves the magic fingers over me as if to put me into a trance.
"ooo temptation" I tell her
Dash pops her on the head from the back seat with an empty water bottle
"donuts" she chants repeatedly
My mind envisions going into the store and getting some, well...I could get some other groceries too...
"donuts" chants she
"Don't temp me " say I
"Donuts...DONUTS"...she heightens her chant with fingers from both hands now in my face. All the while she is turning the radio on and off waiting for a song with inappropriate lyrics to get over. She repeated her chant over and over.
She reaches over and I kid you not!
She hits the radio button once again and out of the speaker comes...
"don't look fat in those jeans"
We laughed our fool heads off!
And No much to her chagrin we did not stop for donuts :)
I am down 13 pounds now in weight!
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Of late the lessons being learned on the letter of the law have been very controversial. It is an amazing thing to learn in the freedom that to some may come as an offense. Some of the wonders have come through the experiences that left me appalled and even down right angry.
Now through the obedience of learning trust lies the truth. The core is the opportunity to stretch my willingness. A risk that has been and is being opened up to me.
Yet far better is it to walk in this bewildering freedom. To trust in all opposition to the things that hinder our sense of decency. Sometimes however that very repulsion has to be challenged. LOVE covers a multitude of sin , I once heard this quote. I had a real hard time taking it to any other definitive other than Christ on the Cross. Yet it was the very cross that became the greatest offense to the nations.
we would stop being afraid to
It is the very offense of liberty that creates religions.
Letters of the law...
those laws that are an interpretation of mans idea of the the "law".
It is used to rule our understanding of God.
It is and was through the Sacrifice once for all of Christ that the letter of the Law was written on mans heart. To follow and to walk with and in the presence of one that is closer than a brother or a friend. The Father I an actual Adopted heir. I do not need to fear Him.I should not need to fear others. It is the Law that seperates us form loving each other. It is that fear of God.
I would rather be ruled by Love than by fear.
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Monday, July 19, 2010
Oh my goodness
click image to enlarge
Older women likewise teach the younger women...
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (38)
- ► 2011 (178)
- ▼ 07/18 - 07/25 (6)
- ► 2009 (642)
- ► 2008 (611)
- ► 2007 (718)
By Maya Angelou
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.
When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!
Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.
- A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
- The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
- Return with Honor
- The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
- "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
- “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
- "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
- "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
Click here for all crafts
This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."