Dash was to be ours in the fall of the towers
We were awaiting the calls from the Russian to go get him any day.
When those towers came down as I stood in my kitchen my heart sank.
I waited until that December we were some of the first Americans to enter into Russia.
It was very dangerous. He had to stay in that orhanage untill he was 10 moonths old.
When we got to him he was very malnurished.
Oh he was so abused as well, we had to teach him that he would be safe.
He had surgery shortly after his home coming.
He would stop breathing on my chest over and over. Apnea was causing so many issues.
He had hypothyroidism that threatened dwarfism. God healed him of it.
He has been hearing impaired...God restored his hearing to the point that he now can choose whether or not to use them. A miracle in it's own right.
This is my son.
This is the song that I sang while awaiting his arrival in my arms.
Thursday, January 28, 2010
While waiting for Dove I faced 17 hours of home study. Additional Phyc testing due to my history.
I was given honor to adopt any child. Matched with Dove we had to await her arrival. She almost died before we could get her home. Many miracles got us in and out of Russia in three days.
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
We set up a green light, yellow, red light action plan for him.
Monday, January 25, 2010
Want this button?
Older women likewise teach the younger women...
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (38)
- ► 2011 (178)
- ▼ 01/24 - 01/31 (9)
- ► 2009 (642)
- ► 2008 (611)
- ► 2007 (718)
By Maya Angelou
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.
When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!
Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.
- A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
- The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
- Return with Honor
- The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
- "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
- “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
- "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
- "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
Click here for all crafts
This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."