Friday, August 3, 2007

The gift of loneliness

loneliness Thats what I feel tonight.

They say the gift of loneliness is to reach out., but then there is the fear. The gift of fear is wisdom. Wisdom often silences me.
My daughter is pushing back fear tonight. He sweet 10 year old body in her fanciful 4 year old mind. I weep. I weep inside so hard sometimes and the tears just never come out. The dam is so full and the walls feel as if they are going to breach.
How desperately I wish she were not special needs. How hard it is for me to see school approaching. I who always desired to home school her young and can not because I am not able to physically, mentally or emotionally. I stayed the course so long It was just last March I was called (by God ) to terms with it. I admitted I had to let go. Oh how hard that is this week to watch them so young so fragile and so needy go into the lions den. For that is how I see it at times like this, nights like these.
I try so hard to be brave to be still.
I know that I am doing what is right and honorable for their greatest good, but it is so hard to lay down the dream of a "normal" child. Of being a regular mom. How guilty I feel admitting that is so much like taboo . I just weep...
I don't want to have to fight the systems, I don't want to battle with all the problems wrought by the inabilities and ignorance of adults and children alike. I cant bear to see the abused taken upon my naive daughter. My son with the amplifiers and microphone being teased and tormented because he has hearing aides suffers my heart so hard.
I weep.............
I see us so used up and tired. So alone in this hard work. I am so tired.
And then, I breathe deep swallow and wish just for someone to reach out to me and to hold me up. and to console my soul without the guilt of blame or response of ...What do you expect you adopted them .
I expected community. I should not have had expectations though that was so foolish.
I feel like my life is lived with onlookers standing amazed not knowing what to say or do. My whole youth they stood a gazed.
I have to go and stand and teach adults how to help my kids needs get met. They should be there for me and the kids. I am grateful to settle when they are there for the kids.
Its funny sometimes when I am lonely I think someone will give me a referral. and then go on their way . I have a woman each day I see her presence on the comments. She simply says hello and I have been given the water that might sustain this lonely soul a few more hours.
The hours are hard ones right now with Dash facing a scope and surgery, with Dove facing society. With my Husband exhausted by the ten hour days and parenting, Never a moment for us for intimacy. Even if I were to be given a break a night out with him, we have the stress so much that we cant seem to defuse to enjoy each other. I want so badly to just rest in HIM and know that all will turn out well. I know that the battle is on for there lives, beloveds life and my own. We have gotten ourself s tired.
My sister says never get too tired, hungry or lonely.
Well I am lonely as a mother of children who have such a variety of special needs.
How I once in a while have to fight off envy of families around me who have "normal" kids or at least children developing on pace without a lot of medical, psychological and Nero needs. How sweet it must be for your family to never give it another thought that you have to let another stranger into your children's lives. I long for that sometimes. Both of my children need psychologist. How intimidating that is for me, how frightening, and invasive.

*at this sentence last night beloved came in to ask me to join him in going to bed. I wobbled up (the stenosis in my back and the arthritis has me very stiff) he reached out his and and I just stood there and sobbed. Now he is more stressed out. Sure seems like I should of just held it all in! I'm angry about that!*

He lovingly held me into the night now He is over tired and awoke to a rage as Dash had left a dog outside and it awoke him. Thats how I got awaken. I got up put the dogs out and went out with Dash (who needed comfort) feeling bad about himself. Then I took Dash for a walk trying to do a good thing and the dogs bugged hubby to no end. There is no wining!!! I am so angry!!!!!!!!!! I just keep sacrificing and pouring myself out to all these grumpy needy dogs kids and man all these souls are just so fleshy. give, me give me and passive aggressive and I am sick of holding it all together!!!!!!!!!!!. I hate the grumpiest in my house HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!
I hate this stress. This damn stress!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am made at it!!!!!!!!!!!! I am angry at the thief that robs us of our peace. Our health and the promises of our future and of our children's futures. Now hubby feels bad about himself and need me to comfort him. I just want to stop the stress i just want it to back off. I want to be able to be at ease and enjoy my children and marriage and home.

Hubby suggested to list all the players in the kids intervention and whittle it down(good suggestion). Funny! soon as it gets whittled down more will be added in another week. Nobody gets it! It is not that easily to keep the player number down.
I can just hear the torment of the judgmental voices saying "well, it was your choice..." Yes it was hardened ones, but I could use a little condolence and kindness as much as you. Life is hard.

If I ever have my feeling it ruins everything for hubby!!!!!!!!!!! It is not fair! NO life is not fair and I am ranting! I should be able to be week sometimes but I am the mast. I know he is the head but I am the mast. This gale is getting old and I need some calm waters!

Angry that it is so hard! Afraid that I just can not do a good enough job, that my kids will hate me or us when they grow up. That is all I hear about these days from so many corners. Ashamed of not doing this the way I envisioned, hoped , desired. Guilty for all the falls and failure's and troubles I bring into the mix with my health. I can not say anything because it rocks the boat for my husband and the water level is already so high on the edge of the boat sides.

Maybe I am just feeling sorry for myself, NO I am just feeling! I could sure use a little encouragement! I have a long haul It is not like I can just quit here, but all around me are people who need and get my encouragement every day all around me family , friend, strangers. I am afraid I am getting "dry bones walking syndrome". Where I am just poured out!

Yes i am real, sorry so ugly. I'm done ranting.

4 comments:

Denise said...

My dear beautiful friend, yes you are real. That is one of the many reasons I love you. There is nothing wrong with pouring your feelings out, it is very good for the soul. We all need encouragement, you especially. Everyday you are faced with many challenges, as are your precious children. You handle those challenges with so much love, bravery, and grace. I truly admire you. I want you to know you are never alone, God is right beside you, and I am here praying for you, and loving you. Wish I were there to give you a great big hug, but I am sending you a virtual hug. Please take care dear one.

Corey~living and loving said...

oh my....what an emotional post. I really hope it helped just getting some of this out. You certainly have a lot of weight on your shoulders. YOu are a wonderful mother. I admire your strength, but no one is a rock. There are times you need to just feel....and get loved.
Many cyber hugs for you!

Donetta said...

My Dear Denise and Corey thank you.
I do hold too much in and I let it out. I am not the rock I just stand on one. The wind blows so hard it can feel like I'm on all fours just clinging to it.
Your embrace is warm and encouraging.
I just posted today, this day and I am needing to go and sleep "me bones now" Got them a little moistened :)
The pain of am having right now in the L4,5 and 6 is bad. I need not to sit here right now.
Sleep well, you two hearts of friendship. I am hugged and refreshed a bit. My thanks and gratitude abound to you.
Donetta

KC's Blog said...

Hi Donetta,
((Many Hugs)) to you! I feel as though I am a rock and must never crumble. It's tough, we as Mom's need love and well sometimes we just need a break! Hang in there my dear friend, God will help you along this journey.
P.S. your comments have always been so heartwarming to us and we are always very happy when you stop by! We could never feel otherwise. Take care friends!

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness