Monday, July 30, 2007

FUN MONDAY! What's inside your refrigerator?

This is the fridge in the garage(purchased from the curb of my next door neighbor for $150.00), I shop in bulk quarterly or bi- monthly , I use this as an overflow for when I do canning, or cook large quantities,Meat orders until I get it ground the next day, parties or just for a hurry up unload, if I have to run a kid to the doc/ therapy appointments. It's great not to have to run it all into the house at once. Beloved keeps his lunch and breakfast supplies here, cookies in the freezer, so I can get a few extra moments of quiet in the mornings after I make his sandwich . With a " Dash Hawk" up with the sun I don't get too very often. See I am getting my give away stuff together!
I keep the drinks out hear and all who visit know this. I buy by the case at a greatly reduced price. Also I never pay more than $2.50 for a 12 pk of soda. I shop trader Joe's Market for a lot of our soy products. Dash and I are Milk allergic. I watch for sales on our soy/rice milk and buy a case or two. I once was a part of a co-op but this proved to difficult with the kids. Shop once and saves gas and bother. This is where I get a lot of time from to attain other goals in my life. I spend a few hours a quarter and full up my storehouse I am not out at the store all the time facing all those highly skilled advertisers. Also I only buy what I know is the best products for our family. When they are reduced I stock up. I shop in the spring a big haul this during the Easter "add ins" . Then in the summer I only have a little produce to do. I hit the Labor day "Add Ins"for all the things that they offer (red meats and such then. If I do canning or put up veggies in the fall I have them in the freezer for the summer. I then shop at the Thanksgiving "add ins" buy your bulk then cheep foods for the stores all do the pantry sales then, I always get three to four turkeys. I will make huge batches of turkey enchiladas and Bake the birds in the cool of the year and freeze the meat air tight it lasts 3 months to 6 months in broth. At Christmas I often will buy the BIG roasts 2-3 of them I grind them or roast them and make 4 meals of it. The roast with veggies, then a stew, them French dip, and sliced with other veggies. Hash with eggs too.
I keep my unground grain in the deep freeze with all the meats.
This is the kitchen refrigerator it is in need of attention. Note the funny sign that Hubby made me one day. On the veggie crisper, He teased me because I am very fond of organic produce. He has a very funny sarcastic humor. I have several staples for I cook from scratch. I use several nutritional base items as standbys. I need to go get produce. I am all but out. We save and use our sauces from eating out. Every one likes there own type of fruit spread(cherry, strawberry and plum. My favorite is lingonberry.) I avoid jellies and jams with sugar or worse yet high fructose corn syrup bases, I use two types of soy or rice milk depending if I am cooking with it (plain or milk use for cereals or to drink vanilla), Real maple syrup, Canola and olive oils, liquid smoke, Bragg liquid aminos in a spray and a large liquid for soups, Tamari in lemon and wheat free, soy sauce, A1, ginger paste,both peanut butter and Almond butter. Pineapple salsa Yum.


Over at "Are We there Yet MOM?" she challenged us.
Motivation to clean my refer!!!! Maybe not this day to be finished although I do have to get the shopping done for the lead in items. I have a plate full to digest first, with the room over haul and all. But here is the gut wrenching truth! Haw haw!
I got to go play with my son. Have a great Day!

10 comments:

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Question: Do you like to cook? I bet that you do with friges stocked like this. I have been married for 43 years now and have NEVER and I mean NEVER liked to cook!! YUCK!! I raised 5 people including me and my hubby since we were kids when we got married and NO ONE DIED!! smile
Thanks for dropping by!! I love new visitors!! Just wanted to stop by and say hi to you too...Sandy

Denise said...

I am so proud of you for being such a great mom, and wife.

Amy W said...

I love seeing a well stocked fridge!

I added you to the list...

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

That exactly the way I like to buy (and make) food, too!

We are having to send my son to the junior college to finish his homeschooling (except for a few easy courses at home) due to my health, too.

Tiggerlane said...

You definitely are rockin' the condiments!

Nice fridge...

Molly said...

Welcome to Fun Monday. You have a well-stocked fridge. I am very impresed with all of your planning.

Anonymous said...

wow, you are so well-stocked and *organized*. I'm very impressed.

Pamela said...

you wore me out just thinking about everything you do

thats a lot of planning gal!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Fun Monday. Wow, very organized and lots of great food in your fridge. It's such a great idea to have an extra fridge for those overflow items.

ChrisB said...

All I can say is wow to your fridges and the way you organise everything. I buy a lot of organic produce but it is so expensive here in the uk. I used to freeze a lot more produce when the children were growing up and we had an allotment.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness