Monday, July 30, 2007

It rained , it poure and I'm told Dash is gonna snore...

Well that was a "doosy" of an afternoon!
When we were on the way to the city I saw the massive thunderheads collapsing at 2:00, by 2:50 a dust storm was buffeting us as we entered St Joe's Clinic. Well I told these kids were gonna get rain! I told them before we make it back home today this storm will hit. I never had witnessed the thunderheads collapse so early in the heat of the day. From three directions they were becoming one.
We were 1/3 way home Dash saw lightening North East of us it was heading South fast we were on the major freeway and all break lights came on. We were able to ease a way farther due to the HOV lane. There was a BAD three car accident bottlenecking (on the kids side of the car as we passed, the road moments before it. The VERY LARGE bombs of a drops began pelting the car all freeway halting to 25 mph. Past the wreck the pace bettered then on, on the exchange a car corralling up from behind realizing that the lane was merging much too late came within ONE FOOT OF MY BUMPER AS I SCREAMED "JESUS" THREE TIMES INCREASING as it neared . I got mad! they were on a cell phone! I had to light my emergency flashers because poor little Dove had a panic attack, I had to pull over WAY over ...I had to just reach to the back seat to console her and Dash was just frozen up trembling. I told them Now JESUS looked over us RIGHT! the stress was so hard to do. ARG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well we made it to the off ramp then onto a surface street, I saw a lot of emergency vehicle's so I flipped a safe u-turn and the wind hit the car hard! and the sheets of rain were blinding I searched for a pull out to go and park and wait it out. I found out later that I dealt with 60mph wind gust with 4 inches per hour down pour! Ya that felt about right! :)
The storm followed me once again no kidding or exaggerating! On the major to my East I could not see my roof lines of the community it was heavy deluge. Right up into the drive way the wind blowing the rain 4-6 ft into the garage shutting the door the garage door was buckling and moaning two terrified kids were freaking out . They had been freaking out for me for over 30 minutes at this point
After about an hour it had slowed enough to go get a pi of our new river out front. It had a ridge or two of
"white water"
Two hours later fun, fun fun.
They can not get enough, feel enough the intensity of the need for proprioception is intense!
She has to feel it with everything she is, I allowed it because the river had cleansed the street. Ours is a very private street and they are well trained to get to the sidewalk if I say "CAR".
She was splashing to the Gory of Gratitude fo rthe rain. So very happy pure JOY!
They were bears on a mighty salmon hunt..

Now as for Dash and the scope. The therapist did a great job informing and defusing the scene . She gave Dash a glove (non latex) ya! and showed it to him he got to touch it and she explained all about how small it is compared to his nose hole. She took him to the scope room. and He sat in the chair. She explained the surgery to me. I am not too sure , well not completely sure that the risk/fallout is worth is. I am told he will snore afterward due to the procedure. It is complicated but the cut a slice in the back wall or adenoid area and attach it to the upper palate. it will be spanned by open airway. However it will cause him to snore for the rest of his life. It sometimes has to be redone if it is to long or short a section. Like a tonsillectomy will the recovery be. Man what an overload to think on. I must do more research. Anything that will effect this child for "the rest of his life"... Yet the inability to speak without the hyper nasal loss of air effecting the ability to be understood is huge for his future too.
You guessed it.. I need HIS wisdom. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

4 comments:

Denise said...

You and your precious children always have my prayers, praise God you made it home safe.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the hear that every one is safe and sound. Driving in weather like that can be so dangerous!

Kate said...

In spite of the danger of the moment, there is nothing like a rain storm in AZ. I can close my eyes and smell the desert just thinking about it.

Donetta said...

That desert sweet air is a wonderful thing. Safe and sound and enjoying life!
Kate..I agree with you
Denise.. oh thank you, I do rejoice along side you.
Kailani... Thank you too for all your well wishes, It is good to celebrate being home safe and even being in the storm same too

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness