Friday, August 3, 2007

Carnaval of family life.


Photo taken at Easter.


10 a.m. here. I watched a movie with Dash. An old ,very old, Bat man / Super Man. We love very old videos because they are (for the most part) of better character. We don't have cable and the kids only use channel 8 for (the most part). Very old videos are very cheep too. You can often get them new for $1-$2.
Well I watched about 2/3 of it cuddled with Dash, he went and got my bed pillows and then one for himself . I was sorta cold and without even having to ask he went to his room retuning to cover me up. He is such his fathers son.
I fell asleep from 7:30 until 9:30 a.m., the movie must of ended because when I awoke the T.V. was off. My Daughter calling "Clifford, Clifford" They were looking for a stuffed toy! How children believe that the toy will hear and answer them is just magical. However when your being awaken by it it takes a moment to find it's charm. It can be rather annoying. They are now practicing whistling. I brewed a cup of coffee. Today will be a day of tasks, with an afternoon play date in the mix. My tasks are essential, I have at times forgotten the value of all that I accomplish. I imagine, I as a Mother, am not alone in that thought. We are vital!
How very tired I was, now more rested from my first nap since the ancient days of well, months ago (I am guessing) . I have a real heart of compassions for the Mothers of infants who are so often sleepless. I have a "Night Dove", and a "Dawn Dash". Well Dash actually let my beloved and I get that last half hour of sleep today (first time all week).
We were set to sleep last night and when Beloved left his shower to come for me he discovered a "bomb" on the bedroom floor (the kind with a runny trail) you know the kind that when your all out of the diapering stage and the puppy is a dog, "bomb". Well my kindness actually blew up in my face (the chicken broth did not agree with his constitution)! Or carpet as it happens. You know the ONLY carpet left in the whole house. The carpet right next to where two very tired souls will have to sleep (smelling it!). Well the dogs belong down on all fours not us, usually Hubby does the task, but with great mercy I accomplished it while he went out into the garage to fetch the shampooer. So tasks accomplished, hands washed we just wobbled with fatigue (the smell may of had a little to do with it too) :). We spoke late to cover days events with the kids interventions. I had to introduce him to all the new players. The day was so done. We were so tired that the touch of our toes became our kiss goodnight. We touch toes a lot these days.
The kids really do care about us parents. When worn so thin they can sometimes seam like the enemy. They are not. The lack of my own self care has been my greatest foe.
We took the kids to Costco and I got the end of the shopping for the next several months. I am so glad.
We have I.E.P.'s to do on both of them. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this it is Individual Education Plan. Special Needs children have to have these in place to qualify and (hopefully receive) the special kinds of help the need. "Daddy Man" and I have exhausted our private sources($) almost, so we will begin to gain more federal/state assistance from the public school arena. We have paid taxes all of our lives and have done (almost) all that we have been able too do. It is humbling and with great gratitude too that we have some help. However it is said that the public school systems have the employees who are low end of the professions skills. I cant just dwell on that though. I have watched those whose hearts are bigger than their wage in all circles with the years I have intervened in the lives of my children and all those I Mothered during the years I served the community on behalf of other at risk kids.
This is a real life, uncommon perhaps but real. I could just cry. I know that I am walking into a battle that I alone have to wage, to accomplish the needs of these two wonderful little human beings. I know that every child deserves what I am about to go though and few will get it . Motherhood is HARD work. It is my choice and calling to do so. I am afraid of all of the arrows that intend to defray me from my just cause. I am overwhelmed by the thought of what I must accomplish on this front alone. As I also have a role here that is very demanding of my other skills. Saddened that two children must wage war against all the turbulence ahead. I am honored to have the privilege to both attend to task and equip them for the tasks ahead.
I hear the laughter from the other room and I weep, I know that it will be that laughter, that very laughter, that will pull from me those things required of me in the weeks, months and years ahead.
This day I will try to remember to befriend the foe of self neglect, so that I have all of my resources to maintain my charge and solemn duty.
I am in the real school now :)

1 comment:

Denise said...

I love to hear about your day my friend, I keep you always in my prayers.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness