Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thankful Thrusday


Join us over here at Lynn's
This Evening...
I give pause to a moment of catch up.
I give pause in the gratitude of this odd day.
Here at the Life Uncommon another uncommon day...

May I tell you about it.
Humbly I admit that I had a real struggle ....
This Morning I awoke tired for My darling pulled a 14 hour day yesterday and we ended it with a very long drive to deliver a gift of kindness across town I really wanted it to be there.
This was a pull up to a curb and drop of an arrangement of flowers for my SILove who had a successful (it appears) surgery yesterday.

So after the early morning duties

I had some a clearing of confusion with amends of my error in a miss communication.
I found myself in some prayer as last night too, was I in prayer over said miss communications. I really grieve anytime I hinder someone.

My day started off in prayer over this and a dear friend who faced a ct scan today.

So on the sofa sat I with my two kids watching the Price Is Right and vegging a bit, so much so that Dear Dash offered me a pillow and covered me with a blanket...sweet little boy.

My life is far from perfect

and there are times where here in this paradise :)
I too like you must face my own challenges and slay my own dragons.
Wielding my own swords over the life of my loved ones
and those who are placed in my path.
There are even times when I have to stand up for what I believe in
and not be too popular for it.
It is not all glamorous and beautiful.
Yet oddly that really is the beauty in it.

When I live it though
in comparison with my youth yep...

boy howdy it is pretty perfect
for I am safe,
I belong
with a great purpose
and competencies
I can live my life and the hard times pale so
(even when any other might see them they would be FAR from easy)
yet do I celebrate this life.

I guess I do not speak of the trials too much for it is just that I have this perspective...
that
This too shall Pass

That even if and when
it is so difficult...
there must be an opportunity for me to humble myself or grow or offer up myself to help another.
Even medical tragedies like threats of health or life...
Over and over I have witnessed that everything turned out alright ...
within days I will need to really help another who has not had the good news.

Yet becoming intimate with the threat somehow I can comfort with the comfort I have been comforted with by God.

This life is FARR from perfect but
it is not my own.

I have been bought with a price and have given it away to love.
Love then has overridden all of the hardships and threats from torture to Alzheimer's

So today fatigue and a heavy wherry mind and heart over friendship strained I vegged on the sofa.

When into my world came the door bell quite
unexpectedly for the house was well....lets say well lived in :)
First thought is they came here
unannounced they must feel free with me so I let down my embarrassment and greeted a neighbor (who drives me bonkers!).
This dear woman so wounded that she appears to act "better than thou" when in fact it is her insecurity and need to feel good about herself that causes this behavior.


So I sat at the dining table with her while folding clothing all the while praying in my mind for the endurance to be patient with her and just let her talk to be heard.
Each thing she spoke could easily be taken an insult and I chose moment by moment to hold my
tongue.
At one point she finally pushed it a bit too far... Expressing a "well why not...why can't you afford it?"...
I hung in there and after two hours she was then opening up about the real reason of her visit
I sat with her and watched her change her tone
understand her tone
see her wound
and
receive unconditional love from me
that pulled it up out of me
Toes!
She then sat at my table asking question after question regarding changing her
responses to life and changing her control,
bossiness and self willed
determination.
Seeing that it was not her heart but her learned behaviors
I am so thankful that some how I hung in there and
confronted behaviors while loving her so much that she could hear.
She studied litrature I had on the developmental needs of a human
applied it to herself and to her son.

I am worn out a bit.
I see though that no one had ever really loved her enough to speak candidly and stand up to her behaviors without attacking her.
She had no Idea of how she came off...
she was saying how good she was because she felt to
inadequate and bad about herself

She needed that badly to be
acknowledged that it came out of her own mouth.

Somehow I saw that having known a little of her story.
I told her how proud I was of her...
that she then responded in a negative of how she really has a lot of work to do to restore her self to her son...


I told her today is today

"This day I am proud of you...
you showed a lot of character to be honest enough to say that you see your controlling lecturing behavior and you want to learn to do this custody battle for your son and not to win over your ex husband."


she looked at me and said yes...
today is today...
to which I added

"I am proud of you"

It takes great courage to be exposed
fears of rejection
"if they really knew me inside ?"

I was loved
within me is the choice to love.
Was it easy
NO
:)

It sorta wore me out It took a lot of mental energy to stand up to defensivness and excuses that later became a humor of truth to her.

but her son....
just maybe she will be a little better able to be restored to him before it is to late.

4 comments:

Denise said...

I love you.

Annette said...

I'm so glad I stopped by, I needed to read words like this and feel just like " Today is today " something I should truly apply to myself. I love you and I love your words, even when your having a not so good day, you ALWAYS encourage me! Your BEAUTIFUL!!!

Love to YOU~
Annette

Rita T. said...

Great post!

Unknown said...

Oh Donetta,

You are just so profound and deep that it takes my mind and spirit all to take in the depths of your love and character.

This recount of your day is filled in every corner of a woman who is deeply committed to the Lord Jesus Christ.

I pray with all I am that when I grow up I have a tiny bit of your giant character built into my heart.

Your kindness and perception about the real living is birthed of the Holy Spirit. God is entrusting you with many because you can see the real hurst and can help.

Oh, how blesed indeed that I can read and learn from you.

I love you my sister. I long to be embraced by you and I am humbled to know you.

I pray the Savior gives you an easier week but it is likely that He will continue to push you because He knows you can really help others.

BIG hugs. See you again on Thursday

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness