Sunday, June 28, 2009

All yee all yee out come free...

I heard you calling but I just had to stay out and play...
:)

We went to the forest.
Did you guess it?

Following some advice I kept the hush until our return.


We camped at around 7500 feet.
It was beautiful!
I had a vision of our place and this was what I saw.
I had a dream about a skunk so I stopped for ice and got three large cans of tomato juice.
Steve's employer let him work 4 /10 hour shifts and we left early Friday morning.
We just LOVE the Chevy it pulls so well.
The trip up was better than last and we used much less fuel.
Our camp spot was a primitive with a creek.
Click to enlarge any image

Someone before us very thoughtfully built a lean too.
Cool to look at but the kids were not to sure about who or what else might of taken residency.



This was truly an amazing structure.

Looking toward the creek
Walk with me down the slope and come see the creek.We had a wonderful time all Friday down here.
I taught the children how to make a dam.
We removed all the rocks and then had a nice swimming hole.

This tree stump was just a sapling when General Crook forged the trail across Arizona.
It is over 200 years old.
Amazing story is told by a tree if you listen.
The rains were more plentiful back then and over the last 50 years or so the growth slowed significantly.

He is so beautiful!
Dash walked this old man all the way up to camp.
He had a wonderful girth and I would suppose him to be here rotting another 50 years.

Dove showed amazing resiliency and kept to the task all day!
We were able to raise water level about 6 inches and the pool sunken another 3-4 inches.

Dash never stopped up and down the stream just lovin' life!

After a while I simply sat and directed.
I also dug out the silt under the stones and then Dove lifted and removed them placing them on the dam. It felt so wonderful teaching her the ways of the earth. This is my desire for both of the children. We obtained some good control over the flow. The kids learned about the path of least resistance.
So much of life revolves around that simple truth.

The depth became really nice for the kids to play in.


Dove was determined to remove a boulder way to much mass!
So I dug around it for a good hour or so.
I rubbed the silt and the water flowed down through the dam to remove it.



Well I was sitting on that sitting stone digging out the silt to be able to rock the boulder out of place and as I sat there the sun shifted over time.
Several hours passed as we created this pool.
Well while I was digging I had the scare of my life!
Well at least one of them.
I was looking down into the water and there was a human hand under that big old rock!!!!!!!
I freaked out!!
Pulled the kids out of the water post hast.
"What's wrong Momma?"

"go get your father, tell him come NOW!"

"Why momma?"

"go now!"

So Steve comes to the water as the very inquisitive children wonder why mom is quietly freaking out.
He goes into the pool to check it out.
Now he has his boots on so he climbed the rock to get vantage.
I could not see it.
I then approached to point to where.
I tell him of the digging and the stick and the image and not the children know.

We are all very pins and needles...

He then holds his hand over the water to point and ask me the location...
Then he sees it!!!!!!!!

The reflection of his hand.
I saw the refection of my own hand in the water reverse image!

Well do we have a ghost story to tell!!!!!!!
Hahahahahahhaha

It was so freaky!!!!!!!!!

got my tummy in knots for a while
after many hugs and much consoling and the expressed
"it would of freaked me out too!" by my husband

We all had a few good laughs.
Hope you did too.


So supper of spaghetti with whole wheat noodles...
Let me say my men are gracious!
I thought it was horrible and so did Dove.
I think the forest critters enjoyed it hahahahah....
But the guys ATE IT!!!!!!! they will eat anything hahah


The face said it all....
Note Dash just shoveling it in.
Maybe he did not even taste it
:)
lol

Well speaking of faces...
You try to take pictures of happy goofy children
:)

What amusement...
no they were not really picking it
at least not this time
hahahahhah

Oh they were just cutting up.


We played a board game till we all just wanted to finish it the next morning.
Note that Dash fell out that fast!

New day new adventure...

We all hiked down to the pump house.
A good 3/4 mile hike.
I stayed on the road and they went down to the creek side for the hike.

Then I saw them...
Oh they were all around!

This orange flowers were covered with butterflies and we enjoyed these things all weekend.
They were all around camp too.

I loved this image of the trees arched over my head.


Well on our hike they found an even better water hole.
So we made a plan for later to return to it.

Meanwhile I found some beauty on my own up on the road.

I had gotten way ahead of them and then I heard my boy.
He was so happy to catch up to me.

Just as he did a great blue hearon flew over head.
I saw 4 of them that day and was the only one to get to do so.

Soon behind came up my other dear ones.
They felt bad to let me walk alone.

Even thought the day was just begun the heat was becoming a force to reckon with.
We pressed on on coming so far.

This is a secure site.
It is a large water supply for upper Arizona.

Fast white water. Two streams murge the water pumped up and the creek we are camped on.

The bridge or porch of it had the air from the water flowing up through the cracks with such force that it was the best air conditioner you could imagine.
We all cooled off.

It really felt wonderful
even at 7500 feet it gets rather warm.

It is a rule that your never really able to get everyone to smile at the same time.
Dove would rather be at camp and yes you can really tell she is becoming a pre teen.

They took lambs ears (a large leafed plant) and had races.


This was very significant force of water.

This sign is so old it was old when Steve was a boy.

Every one had a big appitite and so a breakfast of bacon and eggs was as good as it gets.

Happy happy

kids.

After our big breakfast it was down the slope to our water hole.
The Daddy man and Dove had a secrete...

They had spotted fish in the water hole.
nope no hand just a few fish
:)

Dove wanted to submerge herself and was her quirky self.
When she does this I am reminded of her needs.
Sometimes I just forget.

She is so dog gone SWEET!

The Daddy man had his daily headache so he was feeling badly.
We got to get him into the doctor.
Please pray for his health.


The kids often do not realize them self in space and we often get hurt they do not ever mean it to happen but they just forget themseves and do not realize it hurts.

It is His heart to gain a nice image for his new project.
It is in it's infantsy so I have to keep hush hush yet.

Now look at that dam!
They did a great job!

Dash is paddling an imaginary boat.

To beautiful not to show you!

All along the creek were berry bushes.
I think either raspberry or black berry.
We may return in time for picken season.
As long as the chiggers stay at bay and the fruit is not overcome with aphids it looks like it could be promising.
I love love love to harvest our own foods.


The butterfly's were really doing the work of pollinators I think the harvest would be large.
I'll have to do home work and find out the time line to harvest.

Well the time came that we would return to the other pond.
So we all loaded up in the truck and drove down the road to it.
It was so fun.

I love this guy.
We hiked a little way and down the embankment

My blue jeans man does not ware shorts and this is why.
He just is not thinking bare legs, unfortunately the woods have a way of making you think about where your walking when you have shorts on...
Poor guy!
All the way down his leg ouch!

Now this marvel of a tree took our breadth away!


The center of it is hollow it is one ancient tree



The pond was so perfect for the kids to play in.

same tree look at the mass of it!

a glee was anounced when the slide rock was discovered.

Little boys and old ones :)lol look under logs of course!
found one weird worm.

Me thinks...leach!

The end of this thing had a strange flange of a opening.

Wow did it move funny, I have never witnessed one slither the way it did. It was rather fsasenating!


I loved all the flora around the creek flowers too many to imagine.

Now over 50 time the race was on over and over.

Bark as in dog Ship and Private Parts (it's a boy thing) :)
the falls and the rapids it was amazing that any of the crew survived!
They were capsized and ship wrecked in mighty waves....

acahummm.....

over and over and over and over this was the scene.


Daddy Man and I sat marveling in the wonder of the two little sailors in our charge.

He finally gave way to fatigue...it only lasted till the sun came through the trees when the clouds parted.


They had so much fun...

We all returned to base camp and I got to do my favorite thing when I am camping....

Wash my hair...
Steve found this on the side of the camper last trip.
We did not even know it was there.
It was hooked up to the hot water tank too.
oh that was so refreshing.

Time to load up...
The children played and we folded blankets and loaded up the supplies for next time.
This trip was time to return to our wonderful life at home.

Refreshed.
We rolled up the bags.
I almost gave the bear quilts away...
I am so grateful that we still have them.
I use the quilts to cover the mattresses and to stuff around the sides for insulation.
However we needed no insulation this trip.
The weather was perfect!

We had the windows open all night and it was not even cold.
It was also warm in the day but not hot.

by the way the skunk dream...
When I was sitting there in camp I looked up to the kids side of the cabin to see a very large skunk staring at me.
It was Doves stuffed toy!

Well this day drove us back down the mountain and back home to begin again the daily rutien that we are so very blessed to have.

When we contacted the friend that Steve has been trasporting to work (car pooling) to help him out.
Bad news they had let him go.
He was a sub-contracted fellow so he was not a fired of such they just do not have enough work to keep him right now.
He is no longer employed at Steves site.
Very sad for my man to hear. He loves his friend so.
It is in no way a bad reflection on my man.
They have been buddies for over 30 years and to see him on such hard times breaks my mans heart.

The garden is happy...a little hot for it but I have 4-5 large melons coming along well.
Two more butternut squash and some peas to pick in the marrow.
For now.
I am home and it took me three hours to do this post!
I hope you enjoyed your visit to the forest...

TAG your it.

6 comments:

Annette said...

I love going camping with you guys!! I giggles at sweet Doves skunk looking at you! and your facial expression on the spaghetti dinner...too cute. I'm so happy that you can do these awesome trips, I miss my babes being that young and up for anything, some great pictures.Ahhhhhh to be without a phone, t.v. and just the everyday hustle and bustle sounds so very rewarding, those pictures of the flowers and the butterfly's would look great framed sitting somewhere in your pretty loved filled home. Glad you had another great adventure, but especially glad your home...so now what are you going to do with that tomato juice??
LOVE ya bunches~
Annette

p.s.
I bet you babes slept real good when they got home, with all that swimming, and fresh air they got.

Marsha said...

I read every word, clicked on every picture, and thoroughly enjoyed my camping trip with you!

How blessed you are.

You are loved.

~Bren~ said...

Wonderfully awesome post!! I loved every picture and your story telling makes it feel like I am there with you. I will be praying for Steve! Sweetheart was getting headaches everyday for a while..it ended up being his vision. He was wearing readers that were too strong. Rachel was having headaches everyday too and went and got stronger glasses and they went away. Just a thought.

Susie said...

What a wonderful trip!!

Denise said...

So glad you had a wonderful camping trip. I love you.

Photo Princess said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time!!! WOW those butterflies on the flowers are amazing!!!!!

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness