Friday, July 3, 2009

Charitable Gifts on a budget

charity

  • Main Entry: char·i·ty
  • Pronunciation: \ˈcher-ə-tē, ˈcha-rə-\
  • Function: noun
  • Inflected Form(s): plural char·i·ties
  • Etymology: Middle English charite, from Anglo-French charité, from Late Latin caritat-, caritas Christian love, from Latin, dearness, from carus dear; akin to Old Irish carae friend, Sanskrit kāma love
  • Date: 13th century

1 : benevolent goodwill toward or love of humanity
2 a : generosity and helpfulness especially toward the needy or suffering; also : aid given to those in need b : an institution engaged in relief of the poor c : public provision for the relief of the needy
3 a : a gift for public benevolent purposes b : an institution (as a hospital) founded by such a gift
4 : lenient judgment of others

synonyms see mercy

When we Budget

We are not just budgeting our monies

On some lines if your ability to give money is hampered
As it well may be for so many in these days
...
There are endless ways that you might be able to contribute to the acts that build up the world around you.

Give of your heart Prayer acts of service making a needed item If you have two shirts and you see someone with non share If one is hungry share If one is lonely too Well add a potato to the pot and sit down for a meal and give an ear.
If one is in a prison give them liberty For the prisons of man are without limits
Those of incarceration true...consequence to be sure What of the prisons
rejection by others
Mental illness
of error
Hardness of heart dysfunctional relationships stuck in ways that began in wounds.
Helping them heal
now that is a priceless act
that can effect many for generations to come.



When I was a little girl (before the age of 6) my Momma would get so mad when those folk from the church would pull up feeling all good about themselves offering us the scraps from their pantry and acting beholden.

Momma would say "I don't accept charity"
We would be hungry...a single mom of 8 kids
Well I always remember this...
Some smart soul of humility figured it out how to bypass the wound to her dignity.

They were from the Salvation Army
Late at night in the dark a box of food would be left in secrete.
Momma had no wound by it or shame.

We would eat well that week.

It was that momma had charity mixed up with being shamed for having a need.
She did not understand that it really was not the charity but the ego of the pride in others that she really was rejecting.

It was her dignity she was trying to hold onto.
When you are on poor times that is sometimes all you might own.

My mom would cook for the Veterans every Friday night.

This after working hard all day.

As early as I can remember
I was serving tables at the Veterans Administration Hall.

Reading BINGO numbers (a game)
That is where I learned to cook and too serve.

That is where I learned that a simple glitter covered pine cone
is the world greatest treasure to a lonely man.

My Mom really knew how to offer charity.

Although she had little material substance to offer
What she did give She did so with humility.
So if ever your going to give do so in a way that you never harm an others dignity.

Go out of your way to do so.
Season your words so that they are doing you a favor.

Even accept their help if they have a offer it to you.
I often say
" I have some extra, I was wondering if you would like to take it off my hands"
or something like that.


Just cause there is nothing left over in the coffer
does not mean that there is nothing left within you.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Such a great post.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness