Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Gratituesday


Hello...
Wow a bit of catching up...
All of your sweet thoughts were a nice treat I wish there were more time in a day so my comments would express my deepest heart but alas I fine that even getting to take time to say hello is often a challenge.
Forgive me I just have the children home and they are my main respocibiity and I am so loving it!
Today they played so well together all day!My day started off making my darlings lunch and seeing him off then my other boy wanted to watch a movie together at 6:30 a.m.!
He set it up while I tended the dogs and chickens.
Knowing it had little to do with a movie and all to do with time to cuddle and be beside each other...well it was Beethoven the dog slobber and all :)
Dash rested his head on me and really just stayed still that is a very rare thing for him indeed so it was a pleasure for me.

Movie break mid morning to feed them and tend to the garden.

Last Thursday I did not get time to post this but I harvested the cabbage and the squash.
The lone cabbage...it need nitrogen if only I would have fed the others they would have fed us and not the birds :)


It was a meal home grown and home made.
I can only begin to tell you all how wonderful a feeling it is to do this.


I was right about the squash it was intensely flavorful with a mellow after taste out of this world!!

I saved his seeds for next crop

See that meal every plate was cleaned and the bowl were empty.
Cole slaw was a hit!
The pulled BBQ chicken was too.

Back to the present.
Today I have these in the garden.

This is only a day or two from harvest.
I had to interrupt their play to ask for help transferring laundry and they were so obligating and helpful. The even cleaned the living room when asked.


That is some happy yeast!I let it rise thrice.

Oh Mommy I think I am getting this down.

I also repaired the beeded curtin. I had errored in my measurement when I first made it.
Yep I goffed and I just was not happy with it.

before
after

I love it now!

I had this other valence I had made and so I cut it down and then added the beeded one to it.
It created a nice gather center valence if you click on it you may be able to make it out.
Last week I found these creeps!


Cure is to wash them off well if you wash them off then you risk
This...

Powdery meldew

gotta run the family is calling me in to watch a show with them.

5 comments:

Denise said...

I love squash of all kinds.. I am on a juice feast now so I am juicing my yellow squash..... It is tasty with some carrots and an apple..... My garden is in trouble because of the 100 degree days we had.. They are not so healthy and I am really not sure what to do with the tomato plants..... Oh well there is always a fall garden......

Kudos to you little miss homemaker!

Annette said...

Your curtains are so very pretty, your hubby always looks happy when I see him pictures, but whats not to be happy about when he's got a beautiful family and a wife that cooks like you! my daughter and I are the only ones that like Cole slaw, I sometimes buy cabbage and shred it up, throw some mayo and raisins it and mix it up for her and I...yummy stuff! was that your dog eating cabbage? if so, you taught him to eat well too... it's cooler here this morning, its beautiful out right now. Hope your day is as blessed as you have blessed me.
Love ya~
Annette

Susie said...

Great harvest and a great window treatment. If it weren't for the mildew, your life would be perfect:-)

Amrita said...

You got a good yeild from your garden.Very good lucious veggies.

Denise said...

Such a wonderful harvest.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness