Friday, July 3, 2009

Clothing Inventory

With two children who grow and change
I have to keep atop of the needs for the next school year.
It is far too easy to neglect this until school days are at hand.

I try each summer to go through the clothing
at least a month before school fall semester

My reasons are two fold

1. The children around me who are of the sizes that my kids out grow can better be set to know what they are going to need for the next year as we will be .

2. It is NOW that the clearance racks are full!
In another two weeks the competition for said items will increase substantially.
It is now that the greater selections are at hand.
In this economy it will even be more fierce a competition than before.

We are doing clothing inventory this week end.

What that looks like...
Each child will go through the clothing to see what they will no longer want and put it aside.
I then go through that.
I find things like pants that I can let the hem out of...
undies that are new and not the out grown ones :)
Genderless items that can be passed down in house.

One other category of keepers even though out grown are those hand made items that I will store for them to give them when they are adults.
That will come faster than any of us think:)

Dove did a pretty good job yesterday with very few exceptions.
This morning attending her closet with her we went through every item.
All of the child's hangers are being switched over to little brother this year....
She is becoming a young adult soon.
Oh the joy she felt to graduate to grown up hangers.
(they were readied by the inventory/sorting of our master closet this morning).
I box winter and open summer to hangers by swapping them out.
Then sorting out the worn out items or things that have not been used.
Some items that I really like and hope to grow/reduce :) into are stored.

I have a huge box in the hall with the clothes from us in the bottom.
Dove is the next layer and then later today Dash will have his on top.
This way I know who to send what items when I box them to pass them on.
This year will be the first year (Dash is now 9 and Dove 11) that I will need to purchase or make much for them. I make clothing every day.
I remember when we adopted the kids that we were afraid or concerned how we could pull it off or afford to tend them...(Darling was laid off right after Dash came home from Russia). So we just trusted.
Year after year beginning with their arrival God had led folks...
some I did not even know
to pass on to us the things their kids had out grown.
It has been amazing how God has provided for these tow kids.
It is a joy to give freely and pass them on to others.

I have been tempted at times to sell on ebay to cover costs and every time it was just not my way...
when I gave it always returned back often many fold.

Remember School is only a few weeks away...

3 comments:

Annette said...

God will always see that his children are taken care of, and I'm like you, I'll give it to somebody that needs it before I'll sell it! I haven't forgotten what I want to do just kind of waiting until that special day for that darling Dove.

Love ya~
Annette

Denise said...

You are precious, love you.

Unknown said...

I am preparing to purge the closets as well. We do it near the end of the school year and then again near the end of summer. All of my kids have grown quite a lot this summer.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness