Thursday, August 16, 2007

Thankful Thursday



I need to find a place of gratitude tonight for My spirit is in a place of sorrow.
After watching a history of the 1960's world events I was left sorrowful over the ways of this world. How sad the effects of evil hearts and civic run a muck with high hopes and good intentions gone bad. The generations lost all affiliation with each other and their was anarchy.

I am thankful that our country our nation made it through that turbulent time in our history. We survived the great depression as well. Those who choose to learn did so and we again prospered. I am thankful that perhaps with the advent of media and all of it's negative influence that history can be put in front of us to view with the horror what might help us think again before we act.

Living in a nice community I am grateful. I am watching several families however vacating the house and home. For rent signs going up and foreclosures are rampant. In my city it is fast becoming epidemic! I am thankful that we were able by wisdom and a good understanding use the knowledge that spared up having such a large mortgage. I am tankful that we make careful use of our income when we were in a time of bounty by paying down our first two homes. We mainly owe now on the adoptions and whats left of the house pay down. Those choices saved us when we lost that lucrative employment.

I am thankful for the children's lives here in America. They have HOPE here. I am tankful for hope and having witnessed Russia and it's people without it. Just how important it is. I am thankful that my family is thriving. I am humbled to live in this country and to be called American. I am grateful that their might be a way to get better mobility for my knee.

I have a home a bed a family Esteem that I once only thought was possible for others.
I am humbled that I have a life full of promise and fruit a plenty.
I have a marriage that stands the test of battle and time. I stand thankful for I am full aware why.
It is in this... I have placed my love upon Him. Psalm 91. I owe a great debt of love to that woman who years long ago placed that Bible at my teller window. I am so very thankful that the love I have placed upon God has been my constant for He has loved me. My cup overflows!

5 comments:

Chocolate and Coffee said...

I am praying for you today. Happy TT.

Blessings to you!

Kate said...

I love to, and I think it's important to, give conscious thought to our blessings, often. It's funny: my husband and I argue about this (mildly). He calls this complacency. I call it gratitude.

Talk..to..Grams said...

This is great list!!

Having a home is something to be really thankful for.

After my divorce we lived in an apt for 11 years and I am so thankful for my house I was able to buy 17 years ago!!!

What a blessings to have your own home!!
Love and Blessings, Grams

Aunt Angie said...

Wow! What an awesome list...so many blessings to count! Touched my heart this evening.
Thank you for sharing such honest faith. God bless you !

eph2810 said...

How true Donetta that we are blessed to live in a country of plenty.

How neat that someone gave you a Bible when you were working at a bank:)

Thank you so much for sharing your thankful heart with us this week.

Be blessed today and always.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness