Friday, August 17, 2007

Friday fiest


Christine over at "Are We there Yet Mom" has given us some food for thought.
Go over and join us. We'll all have a little stone soup for thought.

Appetizer
Describe your laundry routine. Do you have a certain day when you do it all, or do you just wash whatever you need for the next day?

My life is a series of bubbles. As it bubbles up to the surface. I will often do loads in a group. I'll get the kids clothes done by doing the washing and drying, with them switching the loads for me. I make one large pile and separate Dash from Dove. If the clothes are turned out I will fold them if not they each have their own pile and after school they turn them right side out. I lay the shirts out flat in a stack and hang them by placing an hanger in and then just fold the hanger over never lifting it until all are on hangers.. They put the things away for the most part. I do sox's every 2 weeks. I keep a sox's basket,I mate them when they are flattened and separated into colors/whites. For our laundry I wait and do 5/6 loads in a day. I separate textiles /colors, hand wash delicate. Wash and hang a lot out on the line and then lay shirts and dresses Mine/HIS, out flat take to closet and lay them out on a stool and insert the hangers and hang them in there place. Sorted with like items. By laying shirts out flat and smoothing them out, you have much less ironing to do.

Soup
In your opinion, what age will you be when you’ll consider yourself to truly be old?

I think of age as becoming more the fool (a fool gets old this is a very grievous thing to me) you have lived to be or acquiring the wisdom that the Sage gains (a sage becomes an Elder).
I am gaining knowledge through understanding. If I live through the lessons and walk in wisdom, then to be old is to be sage (this is my desire). It has no year but it has a character that is developed over time.
Now the bones are another thing. Joy keeps wherry bones and pain at bay. My bones are not spry as once they were, they creek and grown. My bones have lived hard not in years but in experience. Bones have a life and it is limited. My bones are becoming old before their time. It is to be my effort to gain as much from them as I can. Joy is a benefit to endure the physical pain of the bone. Even the very young can have to face old bones.

Salad
What is one of your goals? Is it short-term, long-term, or both?

Short term is to address many piles of time consuming tasks. So that I might have my studio free of the mass of clutter that is stiffening my creativity.

Long term is to raise my children up into honorable independent adulthoods.

Main Course
Name something unbelievable you’ve seen or read lately.

The History of the 1960's. It is an amazing time in world history. It was the time of my childhood. I was the only one of 8 children who did not run away. It was a time of social anarchy in our country. It was a time of mass murders in the Check Republic, Mexico and all over our globe our college and university students were beaten for standing up to a corrupt upper level leadership ( and in some cases acting like jerks). We were at war in Viet Nam and it was massacring so many of our citizens ( and theirs too). We had a level of devision in our country that almost took us down. People were at polar views and no one could hear each other. Our soldiers came home and were at war here in their own country with fellow Americans after having been drafted into a war that left them wounded in so many ways. Soldiers were forced to come home and attack their own country men and women at Burkley and many other campus all over. It was a time of HELL in America and throughout the world.

Dessert
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how happy are you today?

I think more today in terms of peaceful. I am very peaceful a 10. Happy? Well it is sorta relative... I am so pleased with the life I have the privilege to live. So in that a 10 happy to be who I am where I am, and doing what I love. I am very sleepy. The battles are light so far today thats a 10. The children are established with esteem thats a 10. The transitions are smooth and I am calm, my pain loads are low and I was able to walk around the block ( 10's).
I think the attitude of gratitude is making all of it a 10. I am glad to be alive and to be in God's embrace.

3 comments:

Talk..to..Grams said...

Great Post!! Keeping the laundry going with a family, whew!!

I hope your day is going good!
Is Dash doing better at school?

Does he feel so bad about going?

Love and Blessings Grams

Amrita said...

Age is just a number. I 'll be eighteen till I lie or die. I 'll consider myself old when i lose my sight, hearing, mobility and teeth and brain cells. Then I 'll be ready to go. And I ask the Lord not to let me reach that stage.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you are feeling better.
wonderful post.
I couldn't agree with you more with your salad..."raise my children up into honorable independent adulthoods."

Have a wonderful weekend.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness