Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Tackle It Tuesday!


Post Script (9:30 p.m.) I got to this point. The basket to the right is Lego and Dash stuff. The drawers are for Doves room. The basket on the drawers are for Dove and need to be incorporated into the drawers.

The stuffed critters will go up in a flash tomorrow Daddy Man put the huge cornerTackle It Tuesday Meme net I made up. I also saw a wonderful Idea on another TIT post and will get a couple of behind the door shoe storage hangers for each kids room.



5 minutes for Mom is hosting this.
It is good incentive for tedious tasks :)
After separating the kids July 29th! (see post) and turning a playroom for two into a bedroom for one.
I was left with this task!



Sorting toys... Choosing who get what and what will go where. I have filled a trash can twice. and a give away bag a little. I am now sorting tiny items. Note all the empty drawers! I heard of two recalls as well. One on trains another on Polly Pocket. Both of which I (they) have several of.


Dove can NEVER get enough stuffed critters, I need Daddy Man to put up the triangle I made for her for holding her soft toys.

This is a lot of larger things and some miscellaneous tiny stuff.

Here , a lot of legos and cars, inch by inch.

Note the empty drawers!!!!!!!!!!!! Exasperation... (hummed to the tune of anticipation)

Dash has a counter of Lego's to clear off before he can have any other toys. The cupboards are empty. The drawer stack is mostly empty too. I took everything away from both rooms and will only allow what they take care of back in.

Dove loves to "rat hole" She collects little scenarios and then pirates them into obscure corners.

I spent the last few weeks cleaning the rooms (along with the food purchase and meat orders for the next three months) , and going through Doves clothing. All clothing to small for her is now gone. I still need to do this for dash. I really want the dining room nice so I'll do toys first. This will be ongoing late into my evening.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Looking good! That's quite a tackle!

Talk..to..Grams said...

Wow!! It looks like you have been really busy! Whew! Good Job!!

How is school going? Dash doing a little better?
Blessings Grams

Jenny said...

Yowsie! That's a big tackle! And you're right about my tackle being easy...the sad thing is that I'll let it sit there looking like a dump when it takes under ten minutes to fix! lol!!

You've got a lovely blog...I'll be back to visit!

adymommy said...

WOW what a big tackle! Converting a toy room! I wouldn't know where to start. We have 2 kids rooms(3 kids) and a toy room all buried in toys. AND shoes/sandals/flipflops in my daugther's room. Who knew a shoe lover could be sooo young?!
It looks great! Congrats on your first tackle!

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness