Saturday, January 17, 2009

With all my mind , strength, heart, soul...

I wrote a letter to a friend this morning and I thought of the passage that says... admit your faults to one another that you might pray for one another and be healed. I saw a great fault this morning in prayer that I think I am not alone in. It is a great hurt to all of us. Perhaps you can relate. Perhaps we can pray for one another that we might all be healed. What a powerhouse that army of Joshua's became. Just because they Were courageous and did not allow themselves to be dismayed.



My Friend I hear your heart like mine afraid. I will tell you of my morning laying in my bed late into the dawn. Beloved tended the children and gave me the early morning off. Yesterday I was searching the scriptures for a passage that lives within me yet dormant due to fear. Then I came across this Joshua 1:7-9 Here is Joshua getting ready for the responsibility of his life... I thought about poor Moses it was his fear that set him up to get angry, strike the stone and NEVER enter into to the very thing that up until then he had laid down his life for. He a stutterer a man so bold as to walk up to Pharaoh. I thought this morning about my life. I was bold , a stutterer and afraid I walked in courage in the very presence of God, then fear of man, suffering and loss took me . Now I think about Joshua's example. For all of the scripture is an example unto us. Only be Strong and very courageous;be careful to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, so that you may have Success wherever you go.

This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success Have I not commanded you?
BE STRONG

and courageous!
Do not tremble or be dismayed,
For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

It was then that Joshua assumes command.
I stand convicted, even knowing that the deepest of my wounds were mostly self inflicted. Where did my heart go? Where have I been? You opened my eyes to the darkness and lies and I closed them again. I want to go home to my Father, I want to go back to where my heart says I belong. I want to wash my wherry soul in living water. I been away far to long I want to go home. (lyrics from a song I know)

This will be my prayer for all of them, all of us.

Now I know that the law has been fulfilled in this.

Mark 12:29-31
The foremost is , "Hear Oh Israel the Lord is one Lord;
Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with with all your strength.

The second is this, You shall love your neighbor as your self
There is no other commandment greater than these.
Now I understand...All my strength
be courageous.
Do not tremble or be dismayed.
For the lord our God is with us wherever we go.

Donetta

Greet them with this for me please.
May it help them in this time that calls for great courage.

I forgot the "with all your mind part" The thoughts gone wild and terrified became the next phase of that.

5 comments:

Connie Barris said...

this is my bible study for tomorrow.. how cool is that??


I posted my story but I did it a little different because it's a tribute to my dad.. so I have to figure out how to do that...

go figure.. I'm blog retarded these days...

blessings
Connie

Talk..to..Grams said...

I am out and about Thanking blogger for all their prayers for me while I have been so sick! Thanks for all your kind comments!! Love and hugs Grams

Denise said...

Thinking of you, and loving you.

Charity Grace said...

What a precious verse!

Thx for your comments on my blog regarding peace and security in a child's life. I needed that added reminder.

JUST A MOM said...

you did not upset me at all,,, I am not writing on that blog any longer..... My puter will not let me read your blog not sure why but it will be worked on.... hope to catchup soon love ya

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness