Friday, January 16, 2009

Exit paper toweling

Every Morning 6 a.m. I pull off a sheet of paper toweling , lay it on the counter and proceed to make sandwiches on it.
When I am done the towel then is used to clear off the knife and then clean down the surface of the counter top.
This is better than wasting water to get it warmed up to wipe down the counter again before starting.
No dish (they are impractical due to making three at a time).
Then I sometimes wet it to wipe off a jar top or such.

anyway....................
Four old towels that had been repaired and now faced the next phase of there usefulness.


The edges will be surged and then those long ones will either be made into hand toweling or cut into smaller clothes.
I need some hot pads so a few will be used for that.
Homemade towels for morning.
10 of them each as the paper towel size, and 12 each of the elongated ones.
The blue towels were very nice in there day some 20+ years ago.
They still have a lot of life in them.
Where the tightly woven accent strip was I kept this as an after thought on one of the thin long strips.
It will not need to be surged.
The plaid in the back ground is a cotton shirting that was made from cutting down a shirt Beloved did not want anymore.
There is sa cute show here in the States called Rachael Ray
She uses pot holder like these. I have had my eye on it for a while now.
Four layers thick,. pocket for the hand on each end.
I'll sew the ends and then turn them out, put the binding on and then turn then back so that all raw edges are enclosed.
Similar with the little blue ones. The idea of a little hand protection is nice.
I have often touched the top of my hand on the oven.
Hazards of the occupation:)

See the big box of seam and quilt binding , that is what I found at that garage I went too. It was on Creigs list.
A fabric store owner passed away and the stash was given to the woman who showed me great favor. Each packet was less than a dime each.
This will also happen with the elders if shown respect for their skill they as I will often delight in passing the skills on.

1 comment:

~Bren~ said...

Wow...look at you go!!!!
So glad you are enjoying your sunflower topper as you create!

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness