Friday, January 16, 2009

Aloha Friday

Welcome to this week’s edition of Aloha Friday.

In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response.

If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link below. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!

Today’s question is:


What is a skill you have always wanted to gain, and what are you going to do about it today?

If any one else has a desire let me know. Perhaps I might be able to pass it on. Now get on U tube, the internet and go to the library too. So many things out there. Even if it is looking at a magazine on lunch break.

If I have the Knowledge I will think of some posts to pass it along.

I know baking from scratch, think chemistry. Learning the elements and the usage of them is cool. It is real fun to play. Cultural studies also helps here knowing what flavors tend to compliment each other.You must follow your heart. It does not always turn out , Oh but when it does ...the joy. All these years later I finally got bread baking down. The hardest part for me was the fear of faliour and cleaning up a big mess for nothing. :)

I got a good one for you. Mix vinegar and baking soda...

Fondant and cake decorating is a hobbies I love I will try to bring up some old posts on the subject. Beloveds Birthday is coming up perhaps I'll do you a lesson on it if you like. It is so fun to do. Like sculpting. Love it. I'll do a post of some ideas of cakes I have made over the years. You can do it so easy. I know you can.

Learning to sew is wonderful if you can find a mentor at it. If ever I am able to answer a question for anyone let me know . I am not knowledgeable about every issue, but I have sources. My sister is a professional seamstress. She once traveled with a famous magician on tour for years.she did all the costuming. MILove is very skilled as well. She is one woman who sees something sketches it., go home and draws out a pattern and has it on by the next day. I am very much a utitltarian seamstress and dressmaker. If you need an answer ask. I will ask those to help around me. You do not have to learn alone.


7 comments:

Lori said...

hmmmm I have always wanted to create my own baking recipes. I can create my own cooking recipes that is easy, but baking is a whole different ball game. What am I doing to start... yeah nothing right now!

Heather said...

Hmm.. well, as a quilter, I've always wanted to become proficient at hand-quilting. I do all of my quilting on my sewing machine, but I love the look of hand-quilting. Unfortunately, I'm not doing anything about it today. I think I need a few more years to truly develop the patience for the art!

Hope you're feeling well! I actually stopped by today because I tagged you over at my blog. Hope you have the time to play along!

The Farmer Files said...

I have never learned to sew, but I really want to learn!!! Today is too soon to figure out what I am going to do about it!

Anonymous said...

I would love to learn how to work with fondant and I have a kit but I just haven't tried it out yet.

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

I would love to sew as well, but gave up hope long ago. I just don't have the patience. My daughter is learning though..she goes to weekly classes. I hope she sticks with it.

janetfaye said...

I have always wanted to learn how to knit, but I have not done anything about it yet.

Sarah said...

I've always wanted to cover an entire cake with fondant...I have used it for decorations. For my daughter's birthday next month I may take the plunge! I've made marshmallow fondant and that part is easy....just the rolling and covering is what I'm scared of.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness