Sunday, December 2, 2007

Deck the halls...

We went for a bike ride this evening.
I may try my hand at riding the children to school on our bikes this week.
It will be a good way to exercise and also conserve some gas money.

I think it could be really fun.
I just need to get Beauty to listen and follow instructions.

Sweet baby just hugged and kissed me so hard, that it hurt my neck...
Oh my. Hurts to be loved so hard :)
They are doing story time now.
We worked on the house decorations a little, I needed a little help with putting a garland behind the nativity.
I am not yet done with it yet. When I get it the way I want it I'll take a picture.


Beloved and I got the lights up tonight.
He then asked me if I would like a picture for the blog...How Sweet.
He took the tri-pod outside and shot this for me.
Meanwhile I heated up tamales for all (not part of my meal plan).
We did our "Walton's" movie night.
The episode was "The Bereavement" about a very young newly widowed cousin coming to rest at the home of her aunt (Mrs Walton).

It was very well done. Showing the grieving process with its ups and downs and all of the pains and joys as well.

Beauty and I headed off for her to shower and we had a good time talking and just mom and daughter time. She is a good girl.
Oh my another week ahead. I will do an inventory and listing of all the medical expenses and try to get back over to the city if I can to settle the financial review and reassessment at the clinic.
Please pray for me.
With so many tasks at hand, I had not intended to have to do essentially the tax preparation.
It will be nice to have them done at the first of the year though.
Wow I had not planned on that one.
I must keep up on my knee exercises too! Do you ever just feel like there are so many many things your mind and hand needs to tend too? Inch by inch, row by row... Someone bless these seeds I sow...

Please share with me things your youth gave you that brings experiences of joyful memories. I have so few. I really want to see and experience more of a joyful expectant Christmas. I need fresh ideas so I can give my children wonderful memories for their life time.
Thank you.

4 comments:

Amrita said...

Lovely lights

Anonymous said...

Your lights are pretty! Chuckled at Beauty's "love", Bug sometimes jumps on me to give hugs and kisses and doesn't realize how it hurts!
One thing I was remembering from my youth this past weekend, was our Christmas Eve dinner. Before church, mom would make oyster stew and we'd eat in front of the fireplace, while listening to Christmas music. Years later, as a special gift, mom and dad flew me and the 5 kids I had at the time home for Christmas. As we sat in front of the fireplace on Christmas Eve, mom served shrimp cocktail and other special hor'deurvs. I was so disappointed. I still make oyster stew every year for Christmas eve, along with other dishes, as I am the only one who eats it. For my older kids, the memory they have is each year they would sing and dance to Christmas songs so I would let them open one gift early!! :)

Denise said...

I love your decorations.

Janean said...

Going anywhere with my Dad was a learning experience. A walk in the woods was an adventure...we picked sourgrass and ate it, looked for the seeds on the fern, sat still to see the bunny or the baby birds, inspected pine cones. I loved the "hands on" nature walks with my dad and now he has a "fan club" of grandkids who hover just waiting for him to slip into his mocassins after lunch.

My kids enjoy cooking with me. We make cookies alot. It's hard for me to let them crack (demolish) the eggs and smoosh the butter, but they always list it as their favorite activity. That and the beach. :D

Thanks for the decoration picture. Hope to get mine up soon!

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness