Monday, December 3, 2007

Serger lesson on Making pants assembly line style


This Wonderful tool that was so challenging to operate via the written manual, was a dream after I watched the well done educational video! Wow!
I spoke with my MILove and she came over today to teach me some well needed knowledge to time saving skills and techniques (This woman sees a garment sketches it makes the pattern and has it from her own had by the next day at the latest, One of those very highly skilled seamstresses). Wow, did it help! Thank You.

December 1 st.
I cut out seven pair with the wonderful industrial rotary cutter that my Sister passed on to me (she is a professional seamstress). This is the cutter that grows hair on your chest and makes fabric turn into butter under the blade.
Now listen up...Do not do what I did in the next picture there is no need.(I learn this after the fact) the way to do it is to leave the front pairs together, as well as the back pairs and just sew the crotch from there (IF IT IS KNIT). Then sew up one side...

December 2 nd
All these pins had to be removed and the process reversed back to the cut out lament...Just leave those pairs together after cut out. It is so much easier.

December 3 rd
These were done the old way front to back then crotches NO NEED FOR ALL THAT WORK!

This is how to do it when they are matched un match them (undo what I did wrong.:)

Sew the crotch of the matching sides!

lay face to face. (call this image above, blue) Do the flat seam to reinforce the crotch now.

See how nice and flat this is
Opposed too...

This is that same process after all the inseam and outer seams are finished. It is a lot fussier

This is how I'll need to do it for a few pair. Thats alright though because each one needs a different thread color. Just a little more time consuming no biggie. MILove is just teaching me efficiency to help me manage my time better.

Now down one side ...up around the inseam(crotch)
then down the other outer side seam.
Now here is one I figured out It is easier to do the additional flat seam to reinforce the crotch before joining (see blue above!)

I have tried them on her and had to take them in (ONLY at the outer side seams!). Then over lock the waist band edge and the hem edges.
One a red pair I stretched the hem as I over locked it and created a frilled look.
All of them have waist bads needed yet. Elastic placement (I got all seven measured elastics cut now and one placed). I Will continue the lesson on the marrow.
All pair are about at this stage.
I am with a quiet house and do not want to disturb the kids, they have just gone to bed.
You know I have many other tasks at hand as well so I think these will be completed tomorrow except the ornamental details that I will get with Beauty on.
Seven pair of paints for the winter. I think all of the fabric was given to me and the thread was here and I did get some needles the other day. Invest in the tools of life and good ones if you can. Don't bother if used or new. Just make them available to task. Ask God for what you have need of...
Seven pair of pants (that fit her that she choose the fabric for) for $3 worth of thread and needle.
The investment was in the machinery.
It has well paid for itself many years over.
Funny story the pattern...Well one day I was in the fabric store and I was thumbing through the patterns drooling and I said "God these are so amazing I wish I could just have one of every pattern that would be so cool..." Patterns are expensive now $10-$15 for good ones...
Well there was this family in crisis... They had to move out NOW fast, so I was helping this young mom to get boxes. We were looking in dumpsters. We looked in a dumpster behind a fabric store...OVER 300 new patterns. They disposed of them incorrectly by only tiering the envelopes a bit. they just needed a little taping. We have them and some went to a Sewing guild project where ladies make clothes for a boys and girls club. Some went to help a family earn more from there yard sale. But one of each of them came home to me...
The pattern for Beauties pants...FREE
Ask and it will be given to you.
Good measure,
pressed down
and running over!

3 comments:

Denise said...

God is so great, love you sis.

Amrita said...

All this is too good for me. I can just about sew on a button.
You are super

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to get a serger machine. It makes everything look so much more professional. You've got a lot of talent!

Kailani
An Island Life

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness