Thursday, December 6, 2007

Thursday Thirteen


1. I had a wonderful time with my girl friends the other night. We had a girls night out at a paradise bakery. Good friends, good fellowship and lots of good laughs. We have all know each other many years and do not do this often enough.
Thank you Lisa B. for setting it up and for getting us all in one place. Trisha and Michelle and Lisa your loving friendship and support are a treasure far to grand to measure. Thank you for the beautiful sunflower gift Michelle. I look forward to the time I get to use it. Maybe Saturday Night? I had talked to Jaye who had offered the possibility of child care. I am not sure if your available if so I'll take you up on it.
2. I get to go on a DATE with my husband! CROWDS CHEERING! A loving gift and offer of childcare sets us on a path for a night out (or afternoon?). We get to go to the movies!!!!!!!!!
3. The Kids had a great check up growth is perfect and Beauty got a prescription for an anti biotic a sinus infection suspected. Boy they were a hand full. Beauty accidently kicked me in the face in my glasses. She really clocked me! The doc thinks we may need to put her back on meds or at least he wants her into a pediatric psychiatrist. He thinks maybe she is either hyper,or manic or something but not right. Can I cry now?

The waiting room has a well child side and a sick child side each as a small video game and a television with a movie playing. American luxury.

Dash went first and Beauty just came undone for attention.

4. Beauty LOVES her pants! ya I scored!
5. I got home at 1:15, I awoke at 4:44 I am tired.
6. I had the follow up with the immunologist. He had some good news and some news to work on. I have a very bad grass allergy he is concerned about. It will hit me harder in the spring but he believes I may be a good candidate for immune therapy. Allergy shots. it would be 1xwk for 5-6 months... Big commenting. I have to check Insurance first. It would then be 1x month for 3-5 yrs. After that I would, he believes be less hindered by asthma, it may even protect me in my later years. I had a breathing test performed. I got to be the big bad wolf (it was on a computer). I do have asthma so we have to keep a watch. He wants me to have a special air filter on our furnace. The grass allergy is bad. Grass is every where at all times and some times so severe that I can be in danger if I do not treat the asthma at those times. My asthma is in good control today. He wants me to use the albuteral inhailer before I exercise (bike the kids to school) but he agrees with me that I do not need the Advair (controller) on a daily basis. It may be a different story in the spring. He could not do skin testing because of the angioderma. My thyroid is fine and the other concerns settled. I have to stay on the daily antihistamines to prevent the swelling of my face and such. Not to even miss one says he.
7. I have a sewing lesson to give tonight. Hay Trisha do you want to join us (you said you might like too)? Girls let me know maybe I can make Thursdays a regular thing and do sewing lessons. Sherry is just doing barter she offered to do so, and I am easy no barter necessary if you just want to learn. We are starting at 4:30 or so and if you cant come until latter just let me know.

8. I love my husband. He started an advanced "Wild at heart" bible study last night and is studying the effects on a man regarding Fathering. He is looking at the role of being a Father. How crucial it is for men to Father their sons. Good stuff. Boy Dash is sure blessed to get to have a FATHER.
9. The house is quiet for a few more moments while I finish this before I go to get the kids. I love them Beauty is sure hard right now and I really do not want to have to give her drugs. The doc said to try melitonon for bed.
10. My whole chicken is in the refrigerator it needs to go into the oven. (stretch and fatigue) :)
11. I got my new bead magazine. sounds interesting.
12. I now have even more paper work to do and to call on the insurance for allergy shots. I have to use a nose spray until I can get better from the grass as to allow poor beloved some rest from my snoring. The allergy to grass is making his sleep hard. Oh and I need to wash the dogs often you know so I can breath.....
13. My hour long rest is over. I need to go fetch the children and roll onto the afternoon tasks.I have a few pics to add but no time right now.

4 comments:

Denise said...

I love you sis.

Connie Barris said...

first of all.. BLESS YOUR HEART...

ok,,, the book Wild at Heart.. awesome.. I actually read it...I met John Eldredge in Sept.. while he did a talk.. He's awesome...

have you read his wife's book Captivating..? you would love it if you haven't...

got another book that is so awesome.. The Shack, William Young... Oh my is all I can say...
Fiction, Christian...let me know if you read it what you think...

Blessings

Amrita said...

What a lovely cosy picture with your buddies.

Did you get back at 1.15 am from the hospital? Of dear.

Americanluxury indeed...the waiting room is too good for us.Could be a hotel lobby.

Connie Barris said...

Donetta,
about knowing the Elredge's...

awesome... next time you see them..tell them they have touched many lives....

I would love to sit through some of their retreats...

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness