Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Individual Education Plan Meeting for Dash

Individual Education Plan for Dash was at 8a.m. this morning. What a rushed morning with the children. Dash was ticked off about the new molds we have on his hearing aids they fit tight. The old ones had gotten very loose. So he started out not so happy.
I got Hubby off with lunch in hand ofter waking up so tired...Beloved and I indulged in 2 eppisodes of "the Office" in his office. That show is so funny! We watched it on the computer commercial free. It is so hard to stop. We got to bed around 11pm a bit late for the 6 a.m. "make lunched, feed the crazy dogs, and do breakfast routine. I was really dragging. When I hit my poor foot on the missed place foot stool I woke up God when I called out hiw name in pained frustration. I know...I apologized to Him.
The meeting was to take place at 8a.m. and that is normally when we leave the house for the drive to school. At the last moment I had beauty with a massive rats nest knot in the back of her head of beautiful blond hair that would just not do. So with every patient effort and a lot of disentangler I worked it out to the screeched tunes of a very upset uncooperative kid! Sensory integration the scourge of the morning hair comb out. Good Lord help me! That child was not well...easy oh no! not easy...
So running late for a meeting and accomplishing a very careful gentle knot removal we proceeded. I worn out emotionally by this point just felt like pulling my own hair! Thinking de-tangle that!
Got to the school well folks do you want the long or the short of it? OY!
When we did the MET meeting to confirm eligibility I was sent home a note about Beauty that showed a vast discrepancy between the graph that I had based my decision on agree (I had no real choice it was being denied) to forgo intervention and her real scale of disability. Entered the meeting this morning a bit (mildly stated ) miffed and defensive feeling betrayed. Now having after the morning I just had and was still untangling faced a round table of professionals. So true to my form I laid me out on the table and told them so. I was defensive and told them flat out I am not signing anything without full knowledge and understanding.
They covered Dash's needs and services they were going to provide. Then having to face the ushers syndrome issues at 8 a.m. sent me to meet up with the tears behind the veil of my eyes. We spoke about the possible loss of CRS (the clinic) funding and I explained that I had to come up with 9000 in medical deductions to of set the income due to hubby working overtime. I asked about Dash being able to get hearing screening both neuro and auditory testing more than once a year. Our Insurance covers the kids only once a year. Dash is supposed to have hearing test 4 times a year. The woman from the audiology came through for me an d added to his IEP the issue we had covered and it had been neglected in the IEP about having Dash checked on once a month to see if his teacher needed anything. Then new player was introduced. She would be taking over that role. I liked her a lot. (After the meeting her and I went over to Dash class so he could meet her).
Dash's speech therapist thinks that he will not be in speech long. The help for him with his off the charts IQ will have to come to his class room. The teacher will have to give him extra tasks. This high IQ is a double edged sword. He told his teacher that her scratchy voice was bothering him yesterday and asked not to wear the amplifiers (we did not have his hearing aids on!) He had left the house on the bikes and I could not ride the bike again to him. Hubby had the car. He is also using them turned off and letting the battery run out on purpose. (so I stopped by the nurse...every Monday she will call him in to get new batteries, show him who is smart!)
So after the meeting...walking to Dash's class for the intro and getting Beauty's backpack out of the car, I had to go back and talk this thing over about the discrepancy in the forms sent to me.

The phycoligist talked me into leaving my copy of the form...( I told her...I WANT THIS BACK)
She was very upset when I returned and began to spill the beens as it were...
She told me that she was not in agreement about Beauty not getting the help. That she was so bothered about the scores that after the MET meeting a few weeks back she went to her authority... She told me the chart I got that showed Beauty so very needy of services was processed on another scale that she was told she could not use. The form was supposed to have been destroyed ( think how God kept this truth for me to see). Well the discrepancy was so profound that she told me she even made comment to her LD teacher that I was very sharp to have caught at that MET meeting those points were just too close for comfort. I was assured that in March it was going to be reviewed. This is all because Beauties teacher is of the "name it and claim it" phylosify. I told her about what the teacher had told me about Beauty having problems because I WAS NOT BEING POSITIVE ENOUGH" are your jaws dropping?!
Those of you who know me....ME NOT POSITIVE ENOUGH! YES SHE SAID THAT TOO ME!!!!!

Well then this lady said to me that if Beauty had been in school all this time she would of already have placed her in LD and that she wants her in it now. BUT they need a year in system to prove it!!!!! Well now we waiste three more months to prove what we all know!!!!!!!!!!

Folks my sword it hot! and my arm is so tired that I cam home. I took a shower because as I was standing there the STUPID automatic air freshener sprayed me in my hair YUK!!!
I took a hot shower and fell asleep for two hours! I have done nothing for two hours but sit here in a jacket and just rest. That was a ride.

NOTE:
God made sure I saw the very document that was supposed to be distroyed. I even have a copy of it!:)
I'll rest my arm and sharpen my blade and swing it another day. For now I need to go get the kids.
Love you all. Thanks for enduring such a long post.

3 comments:

Lindy said...

Aw, sweetie! That's why God gave you these chilren... he knew you would fight for what they need. Keep swinging and I'll keep praying!

Denise said...

I am holding your arms up with you my warrior sis. We will not quit, your children are worthy of this fight. I love you my friend.

Amrita said...

Simetimes things get to complicated. Its a blessing your children are so loved.

We yse a little bit of hair oil to untangle hair, its easier.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness