Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Tackle It Tuesday *home made scrubbers*

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

Good Day to all of you!
After I got home from riding bikes to the school with the children I had cold hands.
As I was "drawn" to dishes and the thought of warm (hot) water in the sink...


I realized I was out of these...
I make these and have for well over twenty years. I think we were newly married when I made our first batch.
Using netting that I get for around 89 cents a yard more often 59 cents a yard...In this case free... (Yes I had told God I needed some soon and Yes, My sister when she moved had a brand new bolt of ?15 yards gave me this stash.
So here is the process....
Good tools Girls and Gents!Invest in good tools.

I use the hand rotary and rule and cut squares, stacking the yardage several layers thick.

This was completed (in 20 minutes) while I visited on the phone with my Sister, Thanking her for the gift.
She is "Iced in" back East with a dog bite (to her poor nose) . Her own pup interrupted in its sleep bit her. Pray for her will ya...

Every year at each holiday end I invest in clearance things for the next year.
This year as I empty the holiday cupboard's I find the treasures from the year past. It is so much an adventure for I seldom remember what I got. It is sorta fun. I get the things pennies or dimes on the dollar.

I got out all the cutter for todays great tackle is...
TIME WITH MY CHILDREN BAKING!


I invested in a lot of "give away" bags and containers, plates and big bags that cover the plates too. I got the cute little tree boxes at the lot store last week for $1. each and the little tubs at 4 for $1. These will make a way for a bounty of gift giving on a budget. Even using paper plates covered in foil can be beautiful Or paper bags as gift wrap when stamped and ties country style with twine.

Little snack bags are fun to have the children gift their friends with. Use baggies too with ribbon . Not just the zip kind, with a bow even the fold over type,they tie nicer.

Dash wants to make some rock candy.
These are some of my baking books . The ones for kids are needing to be pursued.

After searching for some recipes I found this...

Now the family has not had these for several years . I have just been too consumed.
Grandma Lola's Santa's
I carried on this tradition years ago. I make one per guest and then they would be hung on the tree. Well with Willy in the mix I would have a tree fell in the night so we will keep them safe in refrigeration.
This will be the batch for the kids today ...Like a quadruple batch :)

Ye haw!

Now if I get board...hahaha

I still have several more pants to finish. I have two of the seven done and it is 12:30 now.
With the kids to bike too I will not have much more of a lunch break so see you on the other side.

I still want to get these started and do a Christmas yearly letter written and printed. Oy! I am not going to get to overwhelmed though in the doing of it.
Got to go get back to task.
My boss should give me a great big raise or a bonus...
Oh ya! I get to go out with the girls tonight( giddy and to the tune of a happy child at heart)

Click here to get the banner code and start tackling.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Busy, busy bee my sweet sis.

JUST A MOM said...

BOY,,, you need a nap after all that....

Amrita said...

scenes froma busy house. How do you manage to do so much Donetta!

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness