Friday, December 7, 2007

Karens's Getting to know your friends

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know
your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to
do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy (not
forward) this entire email and paste into a new
e-mail that you can send. Change all the answers so
that they apply to you. Then send this to a whole
bunch of people you know, INCLUDING the person that
sent it to you......Tis the Season to be NICE!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I buy paper from whats left from the year before sales. So each Christmas it is a mystery as to what I purchased the year before. This years discovery was a wonderful iridescent kaleidescope print and several shiny golds reds copper and silvers. Some wonderful opaque irredentist milky pearls as well. It is so fun. I also buy some bags or recycle the ones that are still real nice form the year before.

2. Real tree or Artificial? I have asthma as does my son so artificial. Realistic type.

3. When do you put up the tree? The weekend after Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down? The
weekend after New Year's and it is exciting to get the place back to normal!

5. Do you like eggnog? Like the flavor Yes... , but I am allergic to cow milk and so I do not get to indulge. :(

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Rock candy that was a "lump of coal" it was my mothers humor. I loved the black licorice flavor it always had a little hammer to break it up.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes I will post a picture of it. I read Karen's tradition of the baby Jesus in the straw on Christmas morning cool tradition.

8. Hardest person to buy for? Anyone with expectations as apposed to gratitude.

9. Easiest person to buy for? My children, and the poor.

10. Mail or E-Mail Christmas Cards? Mail! Karen wrote..."I love
Christmas cards and seeing everyone's individual
styles, and even handwriting!"...I agree.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? This does not register I am grateful to recieve. The gifts that are unpleasant are anything given out of obligation.

12.. Favorite Christmas Movie? The little Drummer Boy.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
All year long. I watch and listen and hope to remember and when I see something with someone's face in mind if it is a real good buy I try to get it.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
I have given it away or to one who might like it but not as a wrapped gift.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Navel Oranges (We had a tree for 16 year I tendered and had them the size of grapefruits with thin skin. I would climb the tree and worship and eat with the birds in the branches) Candy and gravy. Oh how I miss climbing the orange tree every year. I would harvest it and take a red flyer wagon around the neighborhood with the bagged oranges as gifts to my neighbors. I miss those times.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? clear tiny lights but most favorite is our old set of oil warmed by the light into a mock candles the bubble.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Drummer boy. O holy night, Silent night.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? HOME, there is no place like it!

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? No I don't think so.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? This year a Star (symboled to me of the guiding light). The angle is on the side table plugged in.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? My family has one on the Eve and then the morn from us and the late morn form the Grandparents and Uncle.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Expectations that temp folks into bad choices, watching the harm that this brings.

23. Favorite ornament theme or Color? Our collection of yearly collected ones some are hand made but all have the theme of the year past attached for each player or member of our family.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I think that it once was ham but I am sorta steering away from pork this year so...a Standing Rib roast will don my table.! I will use a new recipe of orange juice, anise, red pearl onion, dried apricot and figs with fresh pears roasted at the last few minutes. It sounds heavenly to me. I will then steam baby carrots and make some simple desert.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Grateful hearts that don't fuss or fume (including my own :).
The only things I think of are eventual needs but the things still have life in them ,a Rowena Iron for sewing (my iron is a bit wherry but it still works ), or if I were just plain wild there is a really cool quilters free x/y attachment table that would fit on the embroidery machine big $$$400. too extravagant!



Copy at will and enjoy the fun.
Donetta

Thank you Karen for the e mailed invitation.

3 comments:

Denise said...

I enjoyed your answers.

Amrita said...

Nice traditions. We celebrabe Christmas is a very low key fashion.But its OK for us.

Unknown said...

i posted a similar meme on my blog that I got from Trisha.

M

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness