Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The Mathetes Award

"Denise", Just awarded me with the Mathetes award...I began to cry, I cry when I am loved. Thank you for your sweet release. It felt good to be loved, to cry.



Mathetes is the Greek word for disciple, and the role of the disciple (per the Great Commission) it to make more disciples. I'd like to take the opportunity to award five other bloggers with this award and badge for acting in the role of a disciple of Christ. These five all share the message in their own creative ways, and I admire them all for what they do.

In the spirit of this award, the rules are simple. Winners of this award must pick five other "disciples" to pass it on to. As you pass it on, I just ask that you mention and provide links for (1)this post as the originator of the award (Dan King of management by God), (2) the person that awarded it to you, and then (3) name and sites of the five that you believe are fulfilling the role of a disciple of Christ. If you know of other deserving recipients of this award, and would like to start a new string, then please post a link to where you've started in in the comments to this post. I would love for many deserving bloggers to be blessed with this recognition.

I have some time tonight to pass this and another on. I find it so hard to leave any one out when I pass these on so I often like to spread it around. So very many of you are so very deserving of every good thing. I wish I could make you all cry tears of loving kindness, embracing all of your tender hearts.
Denise you so have been a light. I am humbled to be spoken to and given this by you. I began to cry like real way down open it up and let it all out cry. It is not easy to walk in the right choices, or to live in the right way. All around us we are pulled. At times even ridiculed in this world for choosing the higher road. It is often a road with the suffering and compassions that call from us everything we are and have. He provides within us and through us. It is His example that we simply admire.

"spiritually unequally yolked"
"Real Life"
"JD's DAZES"
"Tales from the Scales"
These are all people who live the life that is effected by the worse of humanity and they live it with grace.

4 comments:

Shawna said...

What a very honorable award! What a sweet person to give that to you. I also hate to leave others out when I pass on awards. All my blogging friends deserve great awrds!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Donetta,

I truly just chocked up when I read your comments about this award. O my friend. I am so humbled you would consider me.

I have tears in my eyes as I give all the credit to our Jesus. Thank you for this kindness and know I love you with an eternal heart. Lynn

Anonymous said...

Oh, thank you, I must have missed this when I visited the other day. It means so much that you would think of me when you think of discipleship. This is my main mission in life.

Janean said...

Thank you so very much, my friend. You are a blessing. I will display it with honor.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness