Friday, September 14, 2007

Our choices have an effect on the world around us.



I find myself exhausted with grief over the lives of a few marriages around me. This being said I am not judging divorce just lamenting it.

A friend said " I will be praying that our divorce does not effect you and your husbands peace..."
My reply.."how could it not. It will effect everyone you have ever known everyone who loves you and your mate and all of your children, your children's children It can not possibly Not effect everyone . Event those who may not know you personally.

We effect each other in everything we do and in everything we are we have an effect on the world. For us to think even just once that the good we do or the pain we suffer or the battles we face do not have a greater effect on the world as a whole . Well we deceive ourselves.

It is a given that we are to effect one another. We are to be effected by one another that is love. Love is effected by the sunrise the pull of gravity and Love is the very essence every breadth we take.

Yes I am effected and saddened. Does that mean we should make all efforts to hide or cover the effects we have on the greater conman of humanity? Does that mean that only if we are masked and providing an illusion of who and what we really are ; should we not then be present in one another's lives.
NO! far be it from reality to be in a capsule of ineffectiveness in each other and the world around us. Let us learn from one another's suffering. Let us grow in compassion to one another's pain.
Let us observe the breadth of the greater epic that surrounds us in community. Our neighborhoods, our cities, our worlds. Then perhaps we would all fall to our knees and in a true state of grief lament and repent our rocky choice of path.
And turn from it and repent and be healed.

"If my people who are called by my name shall humble them selfs and turn from their ways . Then I shall hear from heaven and heal their land."

This is Effect this could have such a global effect that this place would rock and roll will the deliverance from suffering and pain and division would be replaced with unity.

Do I hold my breadth? No I simply deal with the reality that we will all be effected by one another. May my effect on the world, my community, my family and my own life be one that is contemplated and visited each moment with humility. That is all I have power over.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is much wisdom in this post...what we do/don't do affects others...it doesn't just affect ourselves and ourselves only. We've really tried to instill this in our children.
Thanks for sharing these thoughts!

Denise said...

These are very wise words, thanks for sharing.

Amrita said...

You are right Donetta, every sensitive and caring person is affected by sad events. The problem with the world mow is that people overlook things, make excuses and look the other way.

If we are christians then we are part of one body, when one member hurts the whole body suffers.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness