Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Honor your Husband #8

[Challenge.jpg]Today another 10 hour day, Home to an untidy house. Kids, summer inside a lively mess. I was mopping the kitchen floor.
He steps over amazed, I reassure him all is well a timer was set and they have a duty in just moments to tidy.
Tired he awaits his meal in silence till he sinks into the dust from whence he came....No wait thats a song.:) Any way he looked into what (spent an hour on line) appeared a way we might be able to replace our old 4 runner, (he wants so badly to take me camping more often) no it was about a retirement vestment with our old employer( thank God we were prudent but that is another 15 years out) . We were with Motorola for over 25 years. He was one of the the last men standing after 6000 folks were laid off. He was not absorbed and all of his references were gone. We were unemployed for almost a year and all but used up the severance because I was in a car wreck. Always God has provided , ALWAYS! Within that time he diligently created history of his family of origin scanning over 600 images and saving countless photographs that were decomposing. On the night before he was finished I went for a walk. I prayed and asked God what do I do ? Do I push or what. God told me just to pray for him and support him to finish what he was doing that it was the most important thing. I obeyed! He was an engineer without a degree. He believed he was not eligible for a job in that field now and had lost all status and rank. He started over again at 47 with a 7 year old and a 3 year old both with special needs. That morning he announced he had finished the project... WITHIN HOURS HE GOT THE CALL AND GOT THE NEW JOB!
Back to tonight:
Saddened he tells me of his disappointment over the low balance in our account. He has been working to set a goal of an emergency savings. He has been doing 10 hour days! With unexpected expenses and a lifestyle set at 1/3 of the income we lived under for so many years the stress gets to him.
We never really practiced debt only our mortgage and the adoptions thank God we were prudent and purchased our third home 7 years ago much under what they tell you you can afford at the lenders.We have set a goal to keep our Home for several reasons. In large part security plays a major role in our lives the kids exist on it. A move would be our last resort.

He still read to the children helped me with the camper and just returned from a short run.
He is exhausted! Day is done and no time for himself. It is now 10 p.m.
He would give me the moon if he were able.
He is going to miss our daughters 10 birthday party. I goofed and set it on a work day.
Please pray for this fine man he is weary of the battle and keeps pressing on. I need to do even better with our budget. It is just really hard to save right now. He wants to save so bad. So do I. I am so grateful that this man keeps our family safe from the storm by having that mind. Balancing his role as husband, father, friend and provider.
He is an amazing MAN THAT LOVES GOD> He says what good is a man if he doesn't love his wife and family.

2 comments:

Denise said...

May God always shine down brightly upon your marriage.

Anonymous said...

You should be careful of 'nicole' she is being decitful to get attention and love. She's being fed by the comments and e-mails she receives. Have you noticed that she doesn't post one thing about her cancer or treatment? When I asked her about it she deleted my comment. She knows I'm wise to her and that God has given me discernment. It's just wrong to weigh on peoples e-motions in such a way. Be careful

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness