Monday, May 18, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today... Monday, May 18, 2009

Outside My Window... It reached 108 today... I am now sitting with the blind beside me closed. Sweltered in the heat on a school bus with 45 kids from 9-2. So it is shaded.

I am thinking...
Oh that was a good nap! I was so hot and tired.
From the learning rooms… A new book for the serger sewing machine.. Learning about the soil structure in the garden. Design and layout for the new garden extension in the fall. Study of what and where and how to set it up.

I am thankful for... The way these last several days are so tender and kind to me. Trials are calm and the ease of the last several days have been so healing and such a rest from stress.
From the kitchen... Left overs and warmed up individual much and crunch. I had a recipe set up and forgot the tortilla at the store.

I am wearing... Brown slacks and a brown shirt with white and light brown Flowers on it. I forgot to have earrings on.

I am reading...A list of study will commence once the week ends...With three field trips in four days I am full. I found myself reciting scriptures to the dawn.Some days when I am busy it is that the passages within my mind come to me.They are like a syrup that flows over me and sicks to my day refreshingly sweet to the thoughts.

I am hoping... That my time this summer with the children will be rich in new memories and good lessons of character growth for all of us. I hope for laughter and healing of the hearts from the long school year that was wounding to the souls of my darlings. Hoping for the healing that will return the sound balance that public school challenges daily.To also acquire a water tank and to prepare to gather the rain water for the gardens.
I am creating...Gifts for some blogging friends, mental plans for the summer sewing schedule, I want to replace my day dresses they have become 7-1o years old, a bit thread bare time to make me some new clothes. The plans for the garden extension. Finish the framing of the kids awards. A new blog called "A place to create" to share knowledge of skills and know how.
I am hearing...crunching as I am eating some apple/cinnamon rice snacks.There is a sparrow on the other side of the glass beside me, children are watching a movie and I am recovering my energy as the click and clack is motivating me into the evening.

I am going... To rest tonight!Tomorrow I will forgo the field trip to tend to my own fellowship and nurture my soul with Bible study attendance. It is the final meeting of the summer. I feel I would be amiss to miss out on the last gathering.

Around the house... It is in an even flux, except the toll of the laundry that has been given a back seat during the last several busy days. I will have a great catch up with that for a few days. With this heat I think I should be ahead of the washer as I hang things out to dry.All else in in good order.There is a large stack of papers in the office two ft tall! That the children and I will have a time together set aside. It is my vision to spend time going through the last several months to show them all they have gained through there education. I think it will be a good transition and nice to clear away the stack too.

One of my favorite things... is having my children home during the summer. I thrive on the time together with them. It is a challenging time of 24/7 so it must be thought out to create a good flow of time alone and together. Play dates and going to the public pools to swim.
Projects of art and such are nice to do together. Just that down time where they can settle back into them self. Away from the social lessons that are so difficult , yet necessary for good self esteem.
security
affiliations
sense
of self
goals

competency.

Time to cover the bases to watch out for wholes in their development to take the time to stitch them up intentionally.

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week... Laundry, Bible study, field trip to the skate land again..., Chocolate party perhaps with Dash's class. Laundry :)One more shopping trip for the last of the lead ins...LAST DAY OF SCHOOL CELEBRATION!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing…

Protecting and Respecting the Life around us.Please cut up your soda rings so that fewer creatures suffer the torture of becoming entrapped by them.
Thank you.


If you would like to join us in The Simple Woman's Day book, please see Peggy for details.

4 comments:

Denise said...

Such a nice daybook my friend.

Denise said...

I guess I need to start a day book........ I have seen it on a lot of blogs.......... Not sure if mine would be very interesting ..... I understand what you say about the kids being out for the summer....... I worked all my life but I was always so glad when my boys were home during the day.. We lived with my grandmother on a farm (small) so they received a wonderful education and they were wonderful company for Grandmother.. They will tell you fond memories of grandmother during those years......... Peach tree switches and all !

Susie said...

Great day book:-)

Annette said...

Thank you for stopping by, I'd LOVE to go and pick berries with you and your sweet children and sing songs of praises out in the open. your comment made me cry, you didn't hurt my feelings at all my sweet friend, I'm just so sad about my friend, I hold all my friends so close to my heart, I just loved the thought of the whole comment, I cry REAL easy.
Thank you for being such a wonderful person and my friend!
Hugs~
Annette

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness