Monday, May 11, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today...

Outside my window... The chickens hutch now sits and they are at the moment quiet, that means that they are enjoying the shade. The water is on the tomato plants. The dogs sit in the shade and relax on the cool of the concrete. The feeders need to be filled. The lab howls to be let in. However the dust bowl left where he sits disallows it until either the heat of the day or when my arm is able to give him a bath.

I am thinking... WOW my shoulder hurts where the tetanus shot was given. I am so relieved of no mrsa, that the infection will heal. No more sick lady from big gun antibiotics. I love my niece and how do I gift her without the other nieces feeling left out from not having their babies cellibrated in the past by me. Hard to ballence so many many great nieces and nephews. The baby shower tomorrow night. I must get creative.

From the learning rooms... Rest all is quiet for a few days. I need to recover the infection in my arm. So all will slow down there this week.

I am thankful for... Rest, healing and all of the sweet fragrance of loving prayers on my behalf.

From the kitchen... Rest... I must do my best to make Steves breakfast cookies, and Doves un birthday cake for Saturday. Otherwise slow week for the kitchen. Radical for me.

I am wearing... Exercise navy pants that have a white and green stripe down the leg, and a bright summer green hoody top that is sleevless. A white gauze wrap around my wrist. Fatigue.

I am reading... Nothing...All books at rest.

I am hoping...Be strong enough to assist with the field trip to the nursing home with the 4 th graders tomorro. Also to be able to gift the kids with an art demonstration.

I am creating...gifts for pay it forward and thankful heart gifts, also baby shower gifts.

I am praying... gratitude, stillness and rest. For my sister and the extended family as they heal from the fresh wounds left by the suicide of my nephew. I did not attend the funeral and am concerned of offences caused...Sorta sad to have missed it too.

Around the house... Let it go...It will get done. Inch by inch...keep the garden alive and the tomato alive. Tend the living let all else be as it is and as I am able.

One of my favorite things... loving my husband and children by caring for myself first.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Field trip to a nursing home to assist with the 4th and 5th graders play. Supporting the kids as they interact in a geriatric ward. It can be scary for a kid. I will miss the "thank you " party for volunteers, to attend the baby shower for little one who is my Great Nephew. I think he is the 17 plus all the others of 10 other nieces and nephews I do not now about. He must be at least my 30th great nephew...( I am the last of 8 children) wow...On Wedsneday I have an art presentation and well as tTuesday afternoon, Thurday a cake to bake and Friday to decorate it and ready for the party on Saturday.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...


Life
I will get to hold him Tomorrow.

3 comments:

Aunt Angie said...

THAT is a beautiful little baby! So alert looking! What that little mind must be wondering :)

Donetta---YOU are such a blessing with your honest and open heart..I am thankful to call you friend. I hope you read the e-mail I sent you about the link being misplaced...I don't know how many others were missing. That breaks my heart. Some linked before they commented...it's the first time I have used Mr. Linky...I have much to learn :)

Your creative mind will think up something grand for that wee one I just KNOW it!

Love you much!

Denise said...

Praying for you sweetie.

Denise said...

Look at that face...... What a sweet little boy! It will be such a sweet thing for you to hold that baby....

I love the title ..... Life...... that is what it is all about.. You have been through an ordeal so you girl friend can say Thank You Lord for LIFE..........

Hugs

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness