Monday, January 26, 2009

Gardening, bread, chickensmao and lemon aide!

Once the kids were off to school on the bus...Dove and I still walking the last few yards as the driver held the bus for her...
A fellow was tending the yard across the street as I was weeding the rocks.
He said that I needed to use a blower, I told him yes it is something I do myself.
He asked of the flowers I am growing in the yard and what they were.
I asked him what he would charge for the work, he asked how much I would pay...
I told him I had only $15 in my purse that was all I had.
He said he would do it for that...we are talking $50 worth of work!
Man he did a bang en up job!!!
The Kindness within me said to make him a sandwich and I gave that and another dollar bill I found in my jeans.
He thanked me and his elder partner thanked me.
I told him I grew the tomato, lettuce and made the bread.
It pleased him.

It was to the tending of the front of the house
Highlighted (:) is the plant I gave myself this last week.
It was the 10. one I found and fell in love with.
It looks like my lens was dirty, but it was not...
It was transplanted and the flowers all got fed as well.

I filled the highlighted pot and checked the others so as to use up the potting soil.
Funny the one I transplanted still aglow in the orb.

This is a sweet plant post in the pot on the ground.

The Lab reminded me about the shoes needing to be scrubbed of mu and worse
never did get to that today :(



Strawberries and onions ready to plant.
I had shared some of the onion plants with the fellow, and a few seed pods from my flowers too.
This before I hired him.

We moved the coop to the far south east corner.
The chicken mow the lawn and fertilize it at the same time.

Far north corner will be the bush beans, and along that north wall on trellis
far east row is the Chinese cabbage, center the Copenhagen cabbage, and the west row will be the berries or onions. Have not for sure decided. A little more research yet.

Snap peas and peas are in the sun.
That is a Simpson black seeded lettuce on the end of that row.

Girls said...
"hi, and what you up too, so you have anything for us..."

Prissy is so funny!
Her and Ruby were in the nest and as the girls came up to say hello, and get a pet.
There was an egg under my brooding Prissy.
I reached for it and set it by me to remove after I greeted them all.
Well Ruby came up and rolled that egg right back to Prissy. Prissy reached out for it and rolled it under herself.
It came along with me in the end.

Had to go back out and rub her chin a little later and again some other bird had laid and Prissy was sitting it.
I gave her a pet and got to thinking...

I had plucked a stone in the garden a good shape I put it under the bird.
Wonder what will be the morrow if that rock will be adopted ?

This is a million dollar cherry tomato plant
good crop on it but it is hidden under all the leaf.

A few Roma are getting started.

This is brandy wine (I think)

Here are the cherry toms

This straw bailing is working out well.
It is just real hard to keep the dog out of it.
That Lab ate several plants (toms and all)

Strawberry plants are so pretty!

Beloved fetched me a 25 pound of bread flour.

Then I ground the winter wheat

In each bag is 4c of the bread flour

With 8 c of the Wheat added

Each bag is a good 4 loaf mix set,
just need to have a little set out of the kitchen flour and I am measured.
Some days it needs more some days it will take a bit less.

after all the math was done

.58 cents a loaf!

A nice rest for lunch called for a sandwich out of the last whole wheat loaf (from last week).
Bread at my hand
wheat ground by my hand
tomato grown by my hand
as is the lettuce.
Mayo was almost empty (the knife cleaned as I sliced there really is not that much on it).
Lemons juiced and lemon aide at my hand to quench my thirst.
This is living!!

Nice trick to rise your loaf
heat oven to 200 while kneading
place hot water in a dish in oven while bread rises with oven off.


The family loved the bread, it was "better than store bought...no offense mom" said Dash.

Alright after last weeks fiasco I will not be deterred!
I know I have done this before!
I was working the mix and it was about to curdle
I ran out grabbed two eggs under Prissy
Thanked her :)
cracked them and said fuey with this yoke only and added the white and all and it set!
Yes!
Homemade mayo!
A little onion powder, paprika salt and vinegar.
Walla!
I had rave reviews form the children and Mr U.
I was told I should sell the stuff.
Very good turn out.

I was almost out!
Now I do not HAVE to go shopping.
Pure fresh as it could possibly be...thanks to the hens.

At my own hand!!!!!!!!
I am a lovin it!!!!!!

baked egg shells ground for the chickens as grit.
This is a perfect way to give them the calcium they need.
It is free!
When the oven is hot I just place them in and collect them untill I have enough to make it worth the clean up to grind.

The mason jar had pure juice in it, the measure cup is where I cooked my 2 c sugar and 2 c water for the simple sryup. The big empty plastic held the mix as a consentrate.
It yeilded 1 and1/2 gallons of strong (able to be iced) lemon aid.
Enough!
Well not yet.
I had a roast in the crock pot all day.
I shredded it and made French dip with beef aju
and a quart of beef stock for a soup or rice broth later this week.

Now the dishes!
oiy...

Done all clean and just drip drying the rest.
It is 10: pm now and it is time to rest.
My Mr had to work his sweet skill for my pictures would not down load today.
It had to be reinstalled?
Sweet man, we have him to thank for the eye candy.

Kids got pretty crazy tonight and Dash acidently head butted me in the bad knee. Got a hitch in my gitty up now.
Ice and pain pill.

We are prayfully concidering if we want to take on the extra and if it is worth it for us to do.
The part time job we wold do would be from 7 am -10 am and then his regular job from 10:-30 to 7:30 pm .
This is a big undertaking for us to concider.
It will mean a lot more tasks for both of us.
His primary job is priority.
To go to a nother job earlier may not be appriciated so we must show greatest respect and conciderations to his main employer.
It would be different if he went to the second job at the end of the day.
We do desire Gods wisdom in this oppertunity.
We must concider a thing...
Take councle and pray.
It is a choice.
Knowing to whom much is given much is required.

I was having a blog withdrawl today , but I did get so much work done .
Well balence this hampster get going to fast on the wheel and I might just burn out andother bearing.
It just felt so nice to be home.
I have some things to tend too.
One being ...going to bed!
Good night!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Thinking of you with much love.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness