Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sunday Smiles *Choice*

Good Morning!
I had some very powerful effects over "mattering to myself yesterday".
We all wound up out on the patio eating by candle light and rain shower it was awesome. It turned into a wonderful time filled with heavy laughter as the kids chased a laser light around the dark yard with abandoned, as my husband and I laughed ourselves silly. I am feeling much better this morning.
We brought the trailer home from the rental lot.
I will work on clearing it out.

It has all our gear in it. We will be putting it up on the market next week end.
It is a bitter sweet sell. I had a sweet memory about how years ago I gave away all of the things I had from childhood. That was a lot of things. I gave away all the furniture and all the special things that were my childhood. A small home of furnishings . (I started working at 9 years of age). I did this by choice to be free of all the ties that bound me to those family curses and memories that held me in dysfunction. God showed all the wisdom in it.
I remembered being obedient in the free choice of it. I have also a choice here to sell our trailer to make way for our goal.
We have now stopped the credit card completely.
(((((((((((funny the new ones just came in the mail and we happily agreed to only activate them in a dire emergency))))))))))).
We will not go into debt to buy a newer truck to tow it.
So we sell this beautiful trailer.
My though is how wonderful!
It will bring another the same joy I had with it.

It will even bring me more joy in having a jump in our three months emergency savings fund.
I have a clear choice that I am in total agreement to follow this course
( I am a little sad of course).
The reality is that perhaps it might, just like the house full of furnishings return to me in some way (so many times over) some day.
I know that My God is able to honor choice that is made with clean hands and a pure heart.
So today I let it go, my cabin in the woods on wheels.
I pray that it bring the joy to others that I have known in it.
I trust that God delights in me, as I delight in the goal we are reaching out to achieve.
As of now we are completely debt free, the credit card is retired!
GLORY!
With the exception of the mortgage, about a third of the value of the home.
We are whittling the budget down and allowing for the reality of expense.
I am writing all expenses down and charting the real cost of living .
We have our emergency fund in place. ( per the book by Dave Ramsey)
Now we have a goal of 3 months living expense emergency fund to set aside.
Then we hit the principle hard!

Save for a long needed and desired vacation.
We have increased our percentage for our retirernment investments.
Today I smile at the future.
A Sunday Smile of worship making the right choice.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

May theLord help Mr U and you to make wise decisions for your family. Love time out on the porch you described.

Pilgrim Pals said...

Sorry i forgot to put myname under anonymous,this is AMRITA

Corey~living and loving said...

Debt free is a great place to be. :) congrats to you my friend.

Denise said...

Praise God.

Denise said...

oH..... I so understand this one.. We are putting our beautiful camper up for sale this fall.. We have decided to take the money and build the sun room instead of borrowing the money... I have not read any books on this, sounds like you have, but me and hubby decided a long time ago, no credit cards and just the mortgage...... It is a wonderful way of life and there are things we would "like' but not need. God's way is so much better......

Have a blessed week

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness