Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fall break begins with a bang!

My first garden harvest.
A crooked neck yellow squash.



Wow!
Dash gave me such a hard time over his breathing treatment. Speaking harshly to me with an angry tone. He wants to be a "normal" kid so bad. He is angry he has asthma. I understand that, but wow it is tough to be spoken to in such ways. I had to set a strong boundary. So began my morning. I got them off to the bus with seconds to spare, we are usually early.

I have a baby shower coming up soon and this is a little boys quilt I am working on.I got to it today.

The bathroom window curtain needed to be lined. I will finish it and turn it our tomorrow.
This afternoon pulled it up out of my toes!
I pulled up to the school and awaited the children's arrival. The office told them to meet me at the "corner" not the curb and so late they came . Dash was so..late I began to get annoyed and a bit worried. Dove entered the truck angry...very angry. My other little charge (Dove's class mate we will call her Dee) was defensive. Here we go!
So the drive up to the North part of the city was tense and 20 miles away. Dove spoke harshly to me and I had had enough. I set a strong boundary rather imperfectly and then had to amend it a bit.
Once up there I stopped to get my Hormone at the apothecary shop and the girls just both had had enough. Dee had spoken very mean at school to Dove when Dove was just obliging her by playing with other friends. Dee could find no one else to play with so took it out on Dove. Now remember Dove is special needs, she has social cognitive dysfunction. It looks liked a kid who is innocent and gullible. A kid who is easily intimidated and manipulated. So Dee is a child who has had a real rough journey and is a master manipulator who is just now learning boundaries. Needless to say a half hour standing in the parking lot with a very VERY distraught and crying and angry little Dove who felt so confused that she was beside herself trying to understand why this little girl was behaving so. Then we have Dee who need to be lovingly confronted that manipulation is not alright. Dee needed help working through jealousy. Lord Lord...no one has tough this child! So It is I who now have the wisdom to offer her. Our pet saying is ...Dee, you are the kid...I am the mom, be the kid! I found the provision , all I needed. Father... my soul subsistence, all I need. Wisdom prevailed and working patiently I broke through this kids wound of abuse by a former boyfriend of the Mother. Who the mother is in hiding from. The child even has died hair to protect her.
Oh Lord a world of sin and danger.

Well now at 1:30 I had three kids waiting in the doctors office going stir crazy. Needing to go potty one by one. Then the visit and the clear instructions on Dash's long term asthma care review over three treatments four times a day. The controller used as a breathing treatment of steroids as to protect his growth.Three stir crazy kids spoken to in sign language as I kept constant focused eye contact with the awesome physician. I thanked him and then told him he was awesome and thanked him...He paused and said..."well I was thinking it was you who were so awesome. I have this only ten minutes and you have it constantly. "
Oh! and then came the flu shots!

Dove went into full blown panic.
All 60 pounds of her climbing all over my lap like a toddler.
Oh my knee!
Dash went first and I tried to scoot the chair over to reach him, but Dove in lap .
Dash melted down and took into flight.
He cornered himself in refusal, and Dove left my lap (thank God).
I got to Dash and finally just had to secure him.
Then it was the "oh that was not so bad"...!

Doves turned into "PANIC", red faced crying 11 year old child as a 2 year old. If she could of melded into me it would have happened. As she pressed into me on my lap.
Three boxes of dots candy in my purse ...I asked them if they could hold them because they made my bag too heavy :)
They were all Much obliging.
Then It occurred to me Dash needed a chicken pox booster and review of records confirmed it.
Here we go...
Dash again freaked out.

52 pounds of angry frighten little boy on my lap.




You Are Having a Pink Day



Today you are focused on other people. You are needed, and you are happy to help.

You are willing to be nurturing, even when it's a bit draining. Right now, you can't say no to family and friends.



You are bringing tranquility and hope to those around you. Just make sure to take care of yourself as well.

If you become too worn out, you will be unable to be truly helpful. As hard as it may be, you need to put yourself first today.

Ha ha....


I stopped by the other pharmacy for my pain medication for my knee and my twin jet (epi type) pen . They taught me quickly how to use it encase I am exposed to latex again.
Kids in back seat ready to be home and play and Dash had to use the rest room real bad. I drove home.
When we all got home it was all as if nothing ever happened.:)

so...I had the big brother (a young man in his very early 20's) to pick the child up. (late at 5:50 when due at 5:30)
He found a safe place to rest, a moment and open his heart.
I gave him a drink of water and a bit of support. He left so wherry.
The children are now finished with the breathing treatments and are being read to by the Daddy Man.
I am tired. Poured out and satisfied that I made a difference today in the lives of my children and others.

Talk about a garden harvest!
Man I grabbed this day by the tail and whipped it real hard!



You Are a Thumbs Up



Your life philosophy can be summed up as, “Tomorrow is another day.”

Your greatest wish is for everyone to be content with what they have.



You are naturally content and optimistic. You encourage people to be happy.

Even if life isn't perfect, you believe that life is what you make of it!


No school tomorrow .
My extra charge arrives around 8:00 a.m. and stays tell around 5:30p.m.
ye ha!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Bless you sweet sis, love you.

Amrita said...

You had a tough time Donetta and the kids too.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness