Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

1. My children are home from school :) They are eating cookies and sitting so cute at the counter watching afternoon t.v.
2. My dogs just had a snack and they are happy too.
3. My beloved is coming home in an half an hour, I am so excited to be in his presence and to see his smile.
4. Four more boxes are packed.

5. I have been listening to "the house Story" of 1986 It began on February 22 nd. It is so interesting to hear my voice and language of 22 years ago tell of how we experienced the sell of our first home together. Sorta like a audio post. So fun to hear the scriptures I quoted and the life events surrounding us in those day. I love the passion I had for my husband. I even read a letter he had written to me. I have not heard the end of it yet for I had to go get the kids home.
6. My son is playing Lego's and having all the sound effects fitting a battle. So cute!
7. My courage is not faltering, and will not halt.
8. Lost is on tonight. Did you know I really like that show. The writers are mature and creative. Intelligently written, yet I still can guess some of the outcomes. I love it that often I am surprised by it. I like that I do not have to cringe either at the things before me.
9. I shined my shoes! Yes I shined my leather shoes. I stopped the world and just did that for me. I took care of my favorite soft leather comfy shoes. The before and after look very pronounced in person. I could not get the black polish open so I washed them off and then used mink oil on them then (after the photo) I buffed them with a buffing cloth. I heard that it can take 100 yrs to decompose a leather shoe in a land fill. Made me think if it takes that long to decompose I am sure they have a lot of good ware left in them. I have been thinking "consume less keep more funds for fun!"


10. I have the opportunity to go through my art supplies and let go of things...This is going to make me grow. :)
11. I weeded the front yard and it was very easy because it rained last night. I had a conversation with a friend and the time passed as did the task quickly. I have a good friend who I do not speak to very often and it is always just like yesterday every time we talk.
12. I was able to get two door frames washed off in the kids hall. I also taped them so the will be ready for cut in. That hall should go quickly!
13. I have my only T.V. show I really like "Lost" tonight a fellowship with good friends tomorrow night. Maybe a date with beloved to go to a steak house on Saturday? Maybe? Oh man a char-broiled steak backed potatoes... this is going to be a real treat. Maybe we will do it for lunch if we take the children. We will be better able to cover four meals with the gift card.
Life is good

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A most excellent day, Donetta! And I didn't know you were a 'Lostie' - me too! : D I have this love/hate relationship with the show. I'm a total mystery buff and can usually determine the ending quite quickly. This one is driving me more than a little nuts! (Ken says watching me watch the show is like watching a squirrel try to crack a marble - LOL!) Hope you have a lovely evening, my friend!

Denise said...

Enjoyed reading this.

Anonymous said...

You are so blessed to be surrounded by your loved ones! Happy Thursday!

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness