Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Fifteen days in from onset of decision to Sell out and Move


It is 7:15 P.M.
The children are now in bed. Beloved is now on the ladder painting out the last of the green. We are almost finished with the great room, foyer and dining room. We started this paint job last Saturday. We are both tired and yet excited about the future.

The painting will continue for a few more days and into next week end.

It is a chapter closed in the Appellation green. That color was chosen in fond remembrance of the hike on the Appellation trail. Over 10 years ago now...We took our first trip , a "back Easter". It was so lovely green and beautiful!
So many things have been learned already on this our first 15 days into the decision to sell out and buy a family room more suitable to our means. I am looking forward to the future. We both find it a bit unsettling to not know where we are going. We are going to set a time aside to prayerfully approach the issue of where. We do not just want to assume or limit our selfs to one area. Yet it is surprising the safety that is secured in having even an imaginary home to go to.
The things that we have packed are not much missed at this point. However the rooms that are coming into the cue are more tender. The art studio is breath taking to dismantle. I find my resolve and faith more tested there, even though I have created very little art in some time.
I found myself pulled to the yard this afternoon to be close to my son. He was playing on the gym set. I weeding the walkway and enjoyed the warm sun. I think it was in the mid 60*'s f. He came and helped me and we enjoyed each other. I had grocery shopped today and set Dove up to prepare Dinner. She was startled. I had her open the boxed and pour the things on a sheet to bake. She had pre-heated the oven and even put some water on the frozen corn she had potted. It is hard to be torn between two children when both desire your attention.
The question of the last hour so lovingly posed was...
When the kids are excited and silly does it bother us because "we" wish we were too?
8:10 P.M.
I just got done with a hot shower for these tired mussels.

The wall is all but done now as is the trim. Brushes are washed and we both retreat to the computers and just rest a bit.
I dream of a time when we will be in our next home. I have visions of being different as a family. Much closer and intimate. Of times together forced perhaps by space. Funny thing we humans... space is our quest; then the truth sets in on us that togetherness is accomplished in a home that keeps its members together. I hope this is all the dream that is a pleasant future. We may be trading the stress of finance for the stress of environment to some extent. All I can and choose to do is trust that this is in line with what is right.
We deeply desire to owe no man except to love him. What a strange concept to this world.
It will be our 26th year of this union in March.
We have worked so hard to be at this time where we could imagine a deed in hand. it has been our life long goal and desire. We have waisted so much over the years that now we regret. If all the young marrieds could hear. Do not by what you are told you can afford. We are saved because of this wisdom. For we have been able to choose to stay here for 5 years or so at the change in income. Now we are relieved to let go. Everything is vanity and there is a time for all things. I have had such a vacation of sorts in this home. But it came at a price we are now not willing to pay any further. Free choice! Wow it takes gut to make choices.
It is so much easier to just keep the status quo.
I desire your intercession please. For we get week from the fatigue. The deep inner healing we are gaining in this quest are very real. I have boxes to pack, paint to lay and personal items to stow for an unknown time. It is a very real struggle of the flesh.
I must have courage define me not "My stuff".
I must find it cozy to be embraced in His presence and not surrounded by my stuff.
Oooo, It is a good thing to grow up. It just does not feel so good :)


1 comment:

Denise said...

Keeping your dear family much in my prayers.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness