Saturday, November 17, 2007

All things are Possible...to those who...

10 P. M., Day is done! My last guest left about an hour ago...Dash is out like a light, Beauty is just of t of the shower, story time is over.
A cup of peppermint tea in one hand Ice on my knee and my back I rest.

The Birthday/ Thanksgiving Celibration went off well.

This is the pre-meal buffet. I place the serving dishes out with labels of what goes in them the mashed russets and stuffing baked while the Turkey rested and was sliced. We did not get any photos of the turkey (it was a 24 pound bird) I baked it in a cooking bag in just under 4hours. I also baked a few potatoes for a guest who was allergic to soy milk. I put it in the mashed potatoes. The yams were baked in the microwave then finished in the oven once the turkey was out. I also place all serving spoons out per dish. By using a box and an inverted pan under the runners elevation added interest. The flowers are from the .15 cent stems I picked up last week. By slipping in leaves and flowers around your runners you can add depth to the display.

Beauty and I made butter slivers/curls with a cheese cutter. By setting out all you'll need, delegation of tasks is made easy, and your not digging in drawers with a full kitchen.

I did not have the Sterno burners I needed so I boiled water in the micro wave to keep the pans warm once they came out of the oven

I cooked the gravy for almost an hour and made a gallon of it. With the veggies on the stove. I use care to make corn (traditional ) and a green veggie for those who do not like corn. I am a purest so I keep it simple no heavy sauces in the beans. Being allergic to cow mile my son and I were able to eat anything we wanted except two deserts that were brought. In the oven were the baked potatoes the two mettle flats of stuffing and mashed potato and in a paper bag with a wet paper towel the rolls.

Last night at midnight I thought I should try to move the table over to the other and make on very long one. I am disappointed that I did not. It was strange us three elders sat on the other table. I got my numbers off and so it was strange. That is what I get for setting the tables at midnight. However I know there were many unseen guest :)

I had the parents serve the children first. When we all were seated DASH, then another young boy and then a third offered the grace and prayer. Hearing three boys under 7 years of age bless our meal was astounding "Daddy Man" was speechless! her said' I think that covers it, thank you boys...Lets eat!" that was so COOL!
After the kid ate we excused them to go play.

We all had our meals and seconds and gradually moved the sitting circle into the kitchen/sewing studio.


One couple left for a photography appointment and then much later returned, another was able to come very late in the afternoon tho join in (they had been out of town and made great efforts to attend)


A nephew had a birthday, He and his son blew out the candles.

I am and Elder now. This generation does not have the same ideas of Elders and it shows. My Sister does not like to think of herself as an Elder. My husband honors me, showing me such great respect and we are one as a team. Washing the dishes as we went throughout the day his hands and heart were never idle. He set the young men up on computers to play interactive games, the men were in paradise. The children played all day 11-8:30!

I pulled them in around 7:30 and called them to circle had a story time. I wonderful book I had read earlier to Dash. His library book the spider and the fly. It was a cautionary tail of not listening to evil counsel. It was marvelous! I had them do the HEAR NO EVIL-SPEAK NO EVIL- AN SEE NO EVIL, covering the ears,mouth and eyes. OH it was so fun!
Then I had Daddy Man put on a DVD and we pulled the couch over for them to calm down and have some smarties (a candy). Then they had carrots (they were watching BUGS BUNNY)

Uncle, niece and grand nephew too cute!
10:45 Good night.
Thank you for your prayers
Donetta

5 comments:

Amrita said...

lovely description and photos. All that hard work and enjoyment.Who is the pretty blond lady in the center of the famiily photo/ is she your sister?

Iike the idea of the raised flower arrangement.

JUST A MOM said...

I am so glad you are now able to rest it looks like evryone have a blast Donetta again you have pulled off something you got yoruself into even after you then thought oh mannnnnnnnnnnnn Joyce Myers my dear remember her.... love ya

Connie Barris said...

wow.. now that is a celebration..

Donetta said...

Thank you Amrita

Jaye I wanted to gift them with this. I know Joyce has her thoughts (good Ones) but this was what I was to do. I was made able. You sweetie I'll rest. :)

Denise said...

Everything looked lovely sis.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness