Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thankful Thursday


It is 1 pm
"It's, Just Me" :D Ha ha!

I am home from round one, Dash's M.E.T. for the I.E.P. for school intervention.
This is the meeting where everyone comes to give the suggestions from all the players. There was the Psychologist, the Teacher(who is awesome!), the Audiologists, Her tech, the Learning disability teacher, her higher up, the speech therapist (who came quite late), and "Just Me" (of course I brought my inviable yet palpably present onterage(sp?) of angels , Pappa God and all the covering of prayer)
Absent was the Occupational therapy department head and or therapist.! Who has yet to even see me kids! (we started this in March of 07)
So all in all it went well.

#1 Consult from the audiologist department once a month by phone with teacher...Teacher felt this was good. Microphone and amplifiers in place. Dash has a problem understanding other children in observation during class. Noise to ? ratio is a problem.This team is great. The woman was very quiet then at the end of all of it (or so I thought) she spoke up. She expressed the Ushers syndrome issue to the others and the Learning Disabled team. They helped me understand that a vision team would also come on board if warranted.


#2 Speech therapy was warranted! Big victory here! Only 20 minutes 2x week with a group of three kids! Well? Better than nothing but questionable. I will still need to go to St Joe's once a month to keep follow up, she did say she would be willing to make contact with the therapist.

#3 Dash will not need to have Learning disability intervention. NO quit the contrary!
He is off the scale!

#4 O.T. for fine motor still needs to be assessed!

I thanked them for helping me with my Son and helping all the other children as well. I thought that I would be sorta dismissed I think. Well I spoke after with the H.I. tech. she said that it is so refreshing to have a parent who really cares about the kid. I forget I think that what I am doing here with my children is exceptional. I am thankful for the respect I am shown in all of this. I am thankful to be and American that we can get all this help for the kids. I am so glad to get help I got very tired doing it all on my own. I am thankful I let go of home schooling even as hard as it was for me to do .

I have Beauty's appointment at 3p.m. just after a very long day of school for them . Pray they can hang in there while I meet with the players. It may include some I have not met yet.
I will see the Learning disabled ladies again they will be the players I will work with with Beauty. So I have so much information to process.

My P.T. went well on my knee and back. I will only have tomorrow and Tuesday of next week then continue the week after the holiday. He thinks that I will have more than enough just to do the next week of days. So that will give me back 6 hours next week.

Groceries for the extra turkey for Thanksgiving day went well I got 47% off! my bill. I am just finished here so I will set to tasks. It is tempting to nap a little.

It is raining here today off and on. It is so lovely!

Hubby Beauty has her play at 6:30 tonight!
Thank you for your "Just me comment" Beloved.




4 comments:

Melanie said...

What a great list!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful list! And such a great team you have to work with! Wonder what it is with OT. It took forever to get our first assessment for Biper. Is the HI teacher from ASDB or one of the regional coops? And send some of that rain a bit southwest would you!

Cynthia

Denise said...

Such an awesome list, bless you.

Aunt Angie said...

Donetta...I am clueless as to how you get all that you do---done! But you do! And still have time to "post" it ALL! You amaze me friend!
Blessings to you! And ---Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness