Monday, November 12, 2007

The Immunoligist gave His preliminary diognosis.

Hello out there. I got a good one for you today!

So I went to the immunologists and gave a total history asked/answered and scratched tested.
The good news is he thinks that I may not have the hereditary type of Angieoderma. This is GOOD news for there is no cure and only a study underway (at their clinic) that is using a cq1??? injection the only hope for this condition.
The bad new is ....
He stood across from me and braced himself very seriously
He said.. as I listened intensely...

Now let me tell you first that I have been married to a very dry humorist for over 25 years...

"Mrs. ... I believe that you are allergic to yourself."
I burst out in laughter just tickled he looked at me real serious... "your serious?, Excuse me did you say I am allergic to myself?"
He said that he needs to run the blood work. That there is an 18% chance it could be thyroid, if so I would just have to take a synthroid tablet a day. It may actually be a possibility that all the things that I am allergic to is actually my own body allergic to itself!
So he did a scratch test on my arm and one on my back. Left the room and returned to find my forearm fine. My back however was very raised and welted!
So then He tells me I need to take an antihistamine every day, he wants me to only take half of it due to all my allergic reactions to medications. I cant let it re-occur to the ER extreme. It is very dangerous.
So with all the things in hand and the three week follow up appointment set, I was off to the Lab.

At the Lab I checked in, and It took forever. The day had been very busy for the woman at the counter ,it being a holiday today all the folks had the day off and so a lot of walk ins. I watched as several kept going in before me who had come in after I had so after some patience, I stepped up to the desk and kindly asked if my stepping out to use the cell phone( Jaye loaned me hers for the afternoon) had messed her up. She said no she had actually been working on my order all that time then she showed me that the doctor had ordered 37 test on one form and 27 on another. She had been searching codes and printing out the slips that whole time. I stepped away and took a few drinks of water.
When I got called back the sweetest woman ( a fellow believer and friend of God ) Paused to ask me if I realized my Doctor had ordered several tests , I said I had just been made so ..."Why how much do you have to draw?"..
15 vials 8 large 5 medium and the rest small tubes.!!!!!!!!!
Say what!

I started laughing. I said" are you sure there is not a mistake? I have never heard of such things. She told me that once she had to draw 20 tubes from a 87 yr old. "Bless her heart!" (the 87 yr old) So I check again no mistake.
15 vials! I asked her if she handed out cookies and we both started to laugh.
She stick first time and use a nice little hose to needle to tube so it was easy.
She asked " so how long have you been married" I just started to crack up laughing ..."Why I asked will we have time for my life story?" ...We booth just laughed.
I told her of the adoptions and we spoke of church and faith. It was wonderfully provided me a great tech. to help me today.
I told her she was a delight and she mirrored it back at me.
She told me how to go down stairs to get a snack, I promised her I would not drive unless I felt better.
So as I left I thanked the front clerk on my way out .. she said" do you feel any lighter?" "15 vials!" I said to her and started to laugh again.. Have any cookies and juice?" I started laughing again just couldn't stop it
I started to head to the elevator but then realized that I had no money that it was gone from this morning. I thought I would go search the car. I told God I need food "How is this going to happen Lord?"
So I step out side and I must of been pale because a woman and a fellow asked if I was alright ,I was laughing so hard so I told them that I was just told that I was allergic to my self!
Now they were puzzled and said "What!" I told them all seriousness and just laughed. Then I told them of the blood draw and that I had to go search my car for some change. That I had given the money I had to my kids. Laughing the whole time. Then the Lady said here I'll give you a dollar!
I thanked her and got on the elevator and went to search for the vending machine. I found it but... It was out of order! The other machine only had things over $1. I said God , I don't have any other money! as I did so I hit my jean pocket and there was a couple of coin it (NO JOKE) I stuck my hand in it it was .32 cent. I had an option for 1.30 for licorice . I just stared to laugh out loud again! (I had done a load of clothes and put it in my pocket off the washer).
So I went back up and offered them each one and told them about the .30 cent in my pocket that made the difference and how the other machine was out of service. I Rejoice!
I'm gonna be just fine.

Besides who else would get that diagnosis but me!
You all love me but I'm allergic to myself....Hahahahahahhaha

Thank you Jaye for keeping the kids.

6 comments:

Amrita said...

I am allergic to myself too.Actually arthritis is an auto-immune blodd diorder...its the same thing.Thank be to Jesus He has healed me to a large degree.

All that blood,I would bew faint.it was like donating blood to yourself.pray everything comes out OK. Both my sisters have thyroid problems and take daily medication for it.

the vending machine incident was really funny.Good day you had.

JUST A MOM said...

Hey no problem I am a firm believer that a child needs a good over dose in sugar now and then only next time it can be at YOUR house hhhaahah they were fine... I enjoy their "them"

Corey~living and loving said...

WOW girl....sounds like you were able to have some good laughs today. I love how you are looking at the bright side. :)

Denise said...

Wow, what a day. So glad that you were able to laugh about all of this. Keep smiling, God will take care. I love you.

Anonymous said...

Well, that was certainly an interesting day! Glad your sense of humor is still in tact - I know what you mean, it's pretty much survival gear at our house : )

Janean said...

Sounds like God gave you some cute blessings to make the tough stuff easier...including a sense of humor about the entire episode.

Drawing that much blood at one timem has to be some kind of RECORD. Unless you're donating! WOW

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness