Sunday, November 18, 2007

13 Random things about me tag

"Little Hearts from God" Tagged me to 13 Random things about me.

1. I own enough fabric to open a small store.
2. I stopped biting may nails after a lifetime (I had bitten from childhood) of self disdain expressed through the destruction of my hands. I no longer take my anger out on my self,nor no I disdain myself. I like who I am now and who I have been.
3. I would rather eat my mashed potato with made with soy milk with gravy than any desert.
4. Sitting here today with my left over gravy on our plates is worth the long hour of everyone asking me why its taking me so long to make my reduction of gravy.
5. I love to be embraced by my husband. When I am cooking for him he holds me from behind and I just melt into his heart.
6. I have more ear rings than a whole dorm of college girls. I have made most of them but the collection of them grew over our many years marriage.
7. Every time I stopped biting my nails I gave myself a costume ring to remind myself that I love having pretty hands. I have several (it took me a long time to stop taking my feeling out on my hands)
8. When I was awaiting adoption of my daughter, I had been very involved in a prayer ministry in a large church. I was the youngest woman and almost all of the other ladies were senors. They helped me achieve three very large boxes of humanitarian aide to take to the orphanage. Then when I returned they took up contributions and hired a sitter so that I could continue to come to our prayer meeting. When I moved there were maybe 20 of us. I visited them a few years ago and there were maybe 75 for the young women could come due to child care being available. I loved seeing that.
9. I have lived so much that I find it hard to remember many of the events of my life. I have a significant memory loss problem that gives me grief. It will take great courage to enter into a womens ministry again. I can keep hold on the blog because I see your names and can find a reference and see the history on your blogs of our interactions. It saves face :) Out there in the world at large it is just too humbling and embarrassing and painful when someone is hurt when they take it personally. I am so real that it is painful to me to pretend like I know who they are and if I forget commitments it breaks my heart and offends. That is why I have spent a couple years away from womens ministry. I think however it is time to stop hiding out.
10. I have been praying for a vision of seeing myself and a Grandmother. I do not want to be incoherent and burden my family in that way. I have a battle with fear of dementia. I am praying for a sound mind and a long life. I am making efforts (except the gravy and taters) to sustain my health.:) and improve it!
11. I thrive on collecting fabric and notions, Beads and findings too. I am like a little kid in an old general store staring at the jars of candy. How every one looks so amazing you want to just run you fingers in and just absorb the colors and texture. Did I say I love COLOR! Oh texture and value, depth of tones and contrasts. Making complimentary and triads too. Oh Oh so much fun. I love my color wheel too.
12. I am a stickler to have the best tools that I can afford, never spend good money on lousy tools it is better to save up for it and buy it once. I was married 16 years before I had a microwave because I wanted to save for the one I wanted. Same with my kitchen aid appliances. I Happily use my 40 year old oven until it had to be replaced then I got the one I really wanted. We put new gaskets in the old house oven and everything before we had used it gone. I really hate owing any man except to love him.Our home is our only debt. It is killing me to not be able to pay off extra on the principle. This has been the first time in our 25+ years that we are not able to do so.
13. My husband is developing a web page for me in the evenings after he finishes story time. It is slow going. He is doing such a nice job. I now have a domain name. I will do the work of creating and crafting, packaging and mailing as long as he does the work on the computer. I am hoping to find favor in the market. I don't want my personal blog to ever come off as if my hands are in my readers pockets. This is my personal space of trust and relationships.

3 comments:

Connie Barris said...

coooooolll... thank you for doing this and allowing me to get to know you better...

I'm right there with you on #5....my hubby does that with me...I so melt..

on #2.. interestingly, my devo branches off from that today...

great stuff... you are a wonderful person....

blessings

Denise said...

This was nice to learn more about you.

Anonymous said...

So very fun to learn all those neat little snippets about you : )

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness