Monday, November 19, 2007

Arizona Rock and Mneral Museum

8 am calls to the road to school...two tired kids who need more rest...One very tired mom who is not at her best.
After dropping the kids off just before the tardy bell , I came home to see about washing my hair in the kitchen sink. Thank my sweet husband NO Dishes in the sink. Flying out the door at 8:50am I arrive to sign in at the school office to find out that the field trip is loading the bus at 9 not 9:30 as was thought! All of the third grade classes are loading as I open the door to find Beauty's Teacher unaware! She Thanks the Almighty for my arrival and tells the children to follow me...
She did a head count that I repeat moments later as we are on the buss all 23 of the children and I. She brings up the rear and we double checked the head count!
YEE Haa!
Once on the but we all breath. She gives me the forms for the treasure hunt and I copied the Answer Key. We smile at each other. The other parent helper missed the bus. It will be a very long drive for her to the city but she will have quiet. You know the thing that is unheard of on a bus with 50 children total and three brave women. (Make that 4 including the amazing driver)

Now and I, being the sage room mother of many years before my own children...Had EARPLUGS! :)
I had grabbed a baggie of Dum-Dum suckers as a happy incentive to busy mouths, however they are not allowed on the bus. The kids really had my attention and were very grateful.
We arrived without a hitch.

At first he had them contained :)
Good kids in a scoop!

We had our orientation and then we were off on our treasure hut. Mapping our way through the museum. The kids had tho find the case that held the clue and then write the answer down when they figured it out. I kept my group as a team and no one went an until the whole team had the answer written down. I had children all varying levels of abilities. Most of the kids did real well at helping each other. The stones were beautiful!

They all found the answers and took turns leading the group

Sedimentary rocks.

This was my group I took out into the museum. Beauty is in the pink. Good kids all.
They are standing behind the picket fence. A Rock and mineral table set before them. Everything is stone on the table.

Did you know the difference between a rock and a minersl.
A mineral is a single substance, a rock is made up of more than one substance.
crystals are 6 sides minerals.

Head counts to bus loading that was a lot of fun!

Oh the joy of another day with children.

Oh the joy!
When we went through the tunnel on the freeway I called out "tunnel" and all of our kids held their breath until we cleared the tunnel the whole back half of the bus was silent. Teacher and I got a real kick out of it.
The other teacher and parent helper was in the front of the bus great ladies!

One last head count Yep all there. Didn't loose a one! :)
I got home at noon. read my e-mail had a plate of left overs and slept until 2:50 when I awoke to fly out the door, pause a few moments to clear the webs and picked the kids up at the curb in perfect time.

I just finished cutting this out while I awaited the down load of all the images.
I still have the stars to cut out.
This stands up, rick rack (thank you Carrie the white you gave me in that box is perfect for it) on the back side is sandwiched between two trees and then they all all sewn together and accordion like fold up. I found this this summer when that fabric store closed down.
Christmas is fast approaching!


4 comments:

Denise said...

Sounds like a good day, wish I could have been there with you.

Corey~living and loving said...

WOW! That surely looks like fun. I am looking forward to tagging along on some of sugar bears field trips. :)
Thanks for sharing it with us.

Anonymous said...

I love going along on field trips. The kids are always so excited!

Amrita said...

Good day out with the kids. And you organized them so well, 3rd graders that is.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness