Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thankful Thursday


Thankfully I was able to sleep until 9 am Of course Thankfully the alarm went off at 6 am to go put the turkey in the oven. Thankfully I had it all ready to put in the oven yesterday. Bagged in the oven bake bag and all softened butter covered.

Thankfully When I awoke I had enough wits about me to make Dash the "Top Hat" he so desired.

Thankfully a wonderfully full and abundant package from Dee...From the apron exchange greeted me as I entered into the kitchen. Graciously it was so full of so many good things. In it were the most beautiful hand embroidered table cover "Give thanks" so cute! Now I have been pining over "Gracious Hospitality's" needle work and here ...What a thoughtful and gracious gift from Dee...How did you know I love needle work? Also a great hand crochet wash cloth a little bird must of told her how much I love these things( Jaye is that so amazing? Dee I told Jaye I wish I had some of these... A wonderfully penned note too. Your work is beautiful Dear Lady and your heart so kind. Thank you Thank you Thank you! Mary Englebright notepad that is so me with a Victorian porch, bird feeder and gardening tools and a sweet little frame of Mary Englebright design. A girl putting a heart into a box labeled life. Now this is amazing I had these in my hands a few weeks ago and was going to purchase them as Christmas gifts, but in my diligence and respect to budget replaced them on the shelf at the store with a little "God these are so cute ...but I let them go..." Hear they are Dee right back in my hand! too perfect. Oh Oh and on the envelope... a SUNFLOWER!

Oh The Apron! Wow it is so beautiful. I wore a matching dress! I have a beautiful purple apron! Just beautiful! Sweet little buttons adorn the bib, and sweet green buttons the straps and ties. It is so vibrant and I felt so good in it today! It looks like part of my dress. I had the picture in my jammies.


What a beautiful apron she sent me made with the loving kindness that rang out form her hands.
"Daddy Man" let Beauty use an old camera to capture the day

Thankfully the potatoes all got pealed and the yams slices The stove cooked an steamed out the joy of abundance. Thankfully at 10:45 I had a hot shower to go and bask in, while my guest who were due at 11 am were delayed. When I got out of the shower One of the prettiest Turkeys I have ever done awaited me in the oven!

My MILove, FILove and BILove all arrived as I pulled it out of the oven. Everything was ready! See the beautiful "Round of Rolls BILove brought. He brings these from a bakery down in Tucson every year. Everyone is so excited about the rolls.
Kailani I opened the Macadamia Nuts they are wonderful and everyone found joy in this delightful Hawaiian treat!


I had the extra gravy that I had made on Saturday ready to heat.

Last Saturday I made the gallon of this delight, I had more time this morning

MILove brought two pumpkin pies made with soy milk just for Dash and I to be able to have them. And lemon merang (two of them) Oh man YUM! She also made cole slaw (so good and fresh and crunchy! Whole Cranberry Sauce too!
Beauty and her did their traditional whipping of the cream, a wonderful grand mother grand daughter time. While the young men (including Dash) went to test drive BILove's new car (it replaced the car that was totaled when he was painfully rear ended at a stop light).


Dash read his TWO books he wrote yesterday and illustrated (Attack of the Evil Pants Part one and two) with top hat, dress shirt and pants oh! he was cute!

Beauty and Grandma had a knitting lesson.
We had a very relaxed afternoon.
I dare say it was one of the nicest Thanksgivings I recall.
We had a great time.
Daddy Man and the kids are playing a computer game and I sit and relax a bit.
In my apron
Thank you Dee, I am thankful to your for you loving kindness and generosity.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you liked the package! I had fun doing it and hope to improve my sewing skills! Did you get my email? I have been wearing the apron non-stop and LOVE the beautiful earrings! Thank you so much! Have a great day, Dee

Anonymous said...

I tried visiting your site last week!
Both time you left your link @ my blog it didn't work. Plus I am not hosting Thankful thursday this week!
Laurel Wreath is hosting and you will find her link on my sidebar.
Thanks for joining in though!
It looking like your thanksgiving preparations are going great!
Blessings

Corey~living and loving said...

ooo Donetta...what a fabulous day you must have had! :)

Amrita said...

Great thanksgiving with you ILs. Your turkey looks so good and your gifts and apron and you too. I like you mecklace, its really ethnic.

My love to your MIL

Janean said...

What a wonderful post! I enjoyed sharing your day and it uplifted my soul. I'm thankful for you!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful feast. We truly have much to be thankful for. :)Thanks for your post.

eph2810 said...

The turkey you have backed looks awesome :) Sounds like you all had a wonderful dinner together.

The apron you received from Dee is beautiful. What a precious gift.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Blessings to you and yours.

Lisa B @ simply His said...

It looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving -- very stylish too :)

Lisa B.

Denise said...

Everything looks so wonderful. I love the apron.

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness