Monday, October 22, 2007

Clearence Rack Electric Meat slicer


Last night I went to Wal-Mart to get the Tooth Fairy gift and while searching the clearance shelves, I found this for$23.
My thought is that at $5. and over a pound for lunch meat I can do better than that. All the preservatives are so so good for us either. Beloved gets migraines from some nitrites
If I do roast and turkey I can "cut" that cost substantially.
My wrist does not last as well as it used too. (I pulled it all the way back when my daughter was an infant,I caught it in a door handle. Then when Dash was just home from Russia I fell with him in my arms just after I had a hysterectomy surgery and caught us with the same hand bending it almost completely back again) I did both babies single handed. My right hand was in a brace almost two years on and off. That was a trial:)
Anyway this will be a good tool. Beloved was very concerned of my safety with one of htes tools however.


It folds up nicely

I can buy several whole turkey's soon sometimes almost free during this season. Now is the time to use us pantry fodder. In a few weeks we can get real cheep lead in adds at the grocery stores.
I know to let the meat chill well before slicing.
Does any one have any good lunch meat recipes?

I gave it a maiden voyage on a large brick of cheese for sandwiches and cracker/cheese lunches for Daddy and Beauty.

The Deli's and stores have wax paper between their slices for good reasons.
This worked fast for me. Clean up was pretty easy. I can buy large 3 pound blocks at Costco and Slice it now. I have grated our own cheeses for the most part. Now slicing is very easy to do.

4 comments:

Denise said...

I hope you are having a good day my friend, love you.

homespun living said...

A meat slicer ~ what a great idea Donetta! I agree that the additives in luncheon meat are better avoided. I will have to be on the lookout for one of these.

Take care,

Deb

Anonymous said...

My kids aren't lunch meat eaters, so no recipes. But I really would like one of those machines. Just to play with!!

La Tea Dah said...

So cool --- I have that exact bread box and the same slicer!

Hope your day is awesome! Love those before and after room pictures. I need to get busy, but I'll never catch up with all you've accomplished!

:) LaTeaDah

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness