Monday, October 4, 2010

Marriage Monday

 
 
How We Survived Our Marriage Crisis
 
 
 
 
"Have a great day and don't let her push you around.  
Your powerful, trust me!" 
 


Today I received this e-mail from my husband.
(I had a medical phone call to make)
 


He sees me as I see him. 
We see each other for who we really are.
We know what we are made of.
We have picked up each others broken clay so many many times over our 29 year plus marriage.
There have been small crises that just crack the bisque (un-fired clay) we are made of.
Those times when the clay even explodes from the pressure of the air pockets missed as our character is being pounded out.
Each of us have even exploded in the kiln, that fiery melting of all the glaze.
Those things painted in hopes to offer our lives color after the heat of the moment.
Layers upon layers until the patina is one only acquired by age and experience.

We trusted the one who fires each vessel HE turns (on the wheel of life). 
That circle of days, formed years now decades.
He turns turns turns us around until we come to the place just right.
Humility.
When the clay mis-forms in the turning it is wedged out (pounded to get all the air out),
then trown back on the wheel for another try. 
As our marriage has aged we have so often found beauty even in each others brokenness that the shelf we live on provides a nice display of skill attained over our lives.
Where one is cracked the other covers it in love. Where broken the other stands beside holding and gluing the pieces back together.

We both know that humanity is little more than clay to refine and form into destiny intended for our lives. We respect the cracks, they are as hard gained as the gray hairs on our heads.

When we loose sight of who we are or who we have become the other takes a good tub of suds and tips the partner in with truth to wash out and off all the dust and muck that gets acquires.

We believe the best in each other.
In the intimacy we see the true beauty of the master piece.
Our EYES view the world differently.
We see each other from a far better vantage.

We Trust what the other sees is the truth. 
For in truth was built the foundation of our unity.
Sometimes it is so easy when tired or full of muck or dust in our own self.
We just get too complacent to have a go at challenging sin. 
That does not last for too long however. 
We just love seeing each other all shiney and clean.



I trust Him as He trust me.
...For her husband trust in her for good and not harm all the days of his life.

4 comments:

Denise said...

Such a beautiful post sis, love you.

Susie said...

What a wonderful entry:-)

Susannah said...

Awesome! I love reading about your love and commitment to one another. God did a very good thing when he put you two together.

Thanks for joining us for Marriage Monday, Donetta!

Hugs, e-Mom ღ

Constance said...

I know NOTHING about the art of making jars of clay so I appreciated your insights! I remember something I learned from a Beth Moore Bible Study on Daniel:
"Sometimes God delivers us FROM the fire, sometimes God delivers us IN the fire and sometimes God delivers us THROUGH the fire!"

There is a plan and a purpose in all three! I've said many times that difficult times build our intimacy level with one another as God carries us through those times. It makes me be thankful not FOR the hard times but what God accomplishes THROUGH them!
Connie

Older women likewise teach the younger women...

• how to love their husbands
• how to love their children
• how to be self-controlled
• how to be pure
• how to be keepers at home
• how to be kind and submissive (not subservient) to their own husbands. (See Titus 2:3-5)

Blog Archive

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Words have power. Here are a few of my favorite sayings.

  • A warm cup of tea is like a cuddle with a friend.
  • The North American Indians have a more eloquent word for ‘friend’ than we do in English. In their language, the word for friend literally means, “the one who carries my sorrows on his back.”
  • Return with Honor
  • The sage anticipates things that are difficult while they are easy, and does things that would become great while they are small. All difficult things in the world are sure to arise from a previous state in which they were easy, and all great things from one in which they were small. Therefore the sage, while he never does what is great, is able on that account to accomplish the greatest things."
  • "HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS"
  • “Live so that when your children hear these words they think of you… Fairness Caring Integrity Honesty Love Trust.”
  • "O Lord help my words to be gracious and tender today, for tomarrow I may have to eat them."
  • "No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
To The Ends Of The Earth
Sisters by Heart

Click here for all crafts

e patterns My sister told me of this site

Please pray for her parents and family

Please pray for her parents and family
Amy has clicked her heals and flown to her real home. There is no place like home.




This was given to me for the third time in just a few weeks.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Thank You Ross

Getting to know Me

What warm hearts you all offer

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me with every Award. I am embraced. You Are a blessing.

Thank you Michelle

Thank you Michelle








































Thank you Annette they are beautiful
Thank You Annette
neno award from Kat


Autism Awareness